Anybody else scared about the hot weather due to scars on their body?

I have scars all down my arm (in my inner arm they are a lot easier to cover up but still really bad, whereas on the top of my arm i have 3 deep white ones which are hard to cover up) and all over my thighs, but i can just wear skirts i guess, but it thats not exactly great.

This summer there's going to be a lot of parties that i will be going to, and i am so so scared about someone seeing them. I can't wear long sleeves or anything anymore because it'll long strange wearing that in such hot weather.

Foundation isn't really doing the trick, and when i put enough on to cover them it just looks cakey and obvious.

I can wear bracletes in the middle of my arm and they do cover most of the scars, but i'm worried someone will comment on it, aspecially as you can see some of the scars around it.

I also have my prom soon!! And i dont know what to do because I can't exactly wear long sleeves (its at the end of June in the evening) and i dont know what to do!!!

Is anyone else stuggling with this at the moment? Anyone have some tips?

Also does tanning darken the scars? Because my white scars are quite obvious, where as the darker ones are less obvious when i fake tan.

Also please answer my questions, don't go on about how stupid I was for self harming or whatever, you weren't in my shoes and you do not understand what i was going through. I would 100% go back and change what i was doing if i could...

sorry there's so many spelling mistakes in this lol

Most Helpful Girl

• Scars do different things depending on the type, the location, and your base skin tone. Generally, scar tissue doesn't tan, but extreme colors often fade with time. Once you're older, if you like, you can look into tattoos (depending on your age, with parental consent, you can get some now, although that may not be your thing), but the best piece of advice I've got for you is to treat them as a mark of strength, not shame. You went through some shit, and you were in a terrible place -but you're not there now. Use them as a reminder of how far you've come. If people comment on them, ignore them -it's none of their business -and most comments will probably be out of sympathy or sadness. If you're really insecure, you could try some sort of mostly sheer sleeve -something lightweight with a pattern that makes it hard to see lines in your skin. Don't let past hurts cause you future ones -it's easier to say that than to live it, but it's worth the effort.

What Guys Said 4

• hahahha no... i'm ok wid em... i have scars as well :)

• Put some make up on them. I know it's embarrassing. Be happy and proud for what you have not what u don't have. Nobody is perfect.

• i am afraid of hot weather because i have excessive body hair.. hence i need to cover up myself from neck to toe... i wear full sleeves , full pants and round neck t shirt under the shirt to hide my excess hairs.

• If I have scars, I'm not afraid to show them off. I am who I am.

What Girls Said 2

• Show your body as it is. Why not be confident? There are no perfect bodies. Every body has something. Its only when you are afraid of others remarks that you care.

• I would love to but i just would not feel comfortable

• Its only the first time. The more you do, the more comfortable you will feel. And if people ask questions about it, just talk openly about it as if you find it normal to have them. Its only when you try to hide that gossip will start.

• I'm not really worried about showing marks.