What do you do when you feel really insecure?

What helps you feel better? I feel that way right now and, I don't even want to leave the house.

Most Helpful Girl

• PUSH YOURSELF OUT! Do activities that you enjoy and you know you're pretty decent at. Try doing them with new people (ex. Yoga class or something) and don't worry. If you, say, took a yoga class then you know nobody in there will judge you for your abilities because they are doing the same thing you are, gaining confidence/ finding inner peace.

Once you get pretty decent with that (like feeling more confident) go out and pamper yourself. Buy outfits or things you know look good for you and make you feel good. it can be as little as matching underwear and bra, or a whole new set of outfits. I personally feel very confident when my panties and bra match and my nails are painted. Thats me though.

Try fixing your posture! Almost everyone slouches as they walk and, as a person who has very good posture due to ballet, I often get compliments on it. Its such a little thing but it radiates confidence to others and it also makes you feel good. Roll your shoulders up to your ear then rol them backwards, pinching the together and forcing your boobs out. Don't arch though! Raise you chin just a tad higher than normal! Bam, instant confidence.

Make sure to have "me time" and do little things for yourself. Set some time aside to watch your favorite show and pig out on your favorite thing.

Go out with friends of course! Only if they are positive relationships though. DO NOT go fishing for compliments! Good for shot time but after a while the more compliments you get the less your actually take them to heart. Cherish every compliment you receive!

DO a good deed! Hold a door open, help an old women! Helping those in need is so benefiting towards yourself, it's unexplainable.

Most of all remember, as my favorite artist says, "I am I. You are You. You are Me. We are We."
    We are all one and we are all equal. If someone does something to make you insecure, they themselves are probably insecure themselves. Don't let them infect you! Stay positive!

Bless~

• Thanks a lot! I feel better now. I had got a new haircut that I didn't feel confident about at first. I'm starting to feel a bit better about it now.

What Guys Said 8

• Get some music out sit in a private place and just smoke a dewb or if your not into that just have a cigarrette...

• Just take a day or two out and you might feel better then. Maybe talk to your family and friends about it.

• I don't really want to leave the house now but, I have to. I don't like talking to my family and, friends about this kind of stuff.

• Well you can always talk here

• Okay, thank you.

• I go on youtube and search for whatever it is I'm feeling bad about. There are always people that are worse off than me, it helps give perspective.

• Sounds like a good idea.

• i drink some orange juice 2 tone down my insecurities ^_^

• I had orange juice today lol. It didn't do anything for me?

• Get some rest. I find when I'm tired I can't think straight.

• Sounds good but, I can't right now.

• I just think about some dude I saw that was physically fucked. And it makes me feel better

• Sounds like it would help but, it doesn't help me.

• This is a really good question. it really depends on what kind of insecurity ure dealing with

• Well, my sister just cut my hair. It's shorter then what I'm used to. I miss my hair.

• Im sure its not THAT bad 😊

• Yea. I'm becoming a bit more comfortable with it now.

• just stop doing it. Its not healthy.

What Girls Said 11

• I just eat loads of shitty food and cry.

• If I don't have to leave the house, then I don't. If I do I just go somewhere else that's isolated and sit

• I think at least I'm not the ugliest person in the world and buy myself Taco Bell while watching Netflix.

• That's a good way to look at it but, I still feel bad.

• I cry -_- i have baaaad body dysmorphia so i know how you feel. just get all dolled up and tell yourself you look beautiful right before you leave (':

• Okay, thank you for your opinion.

• I go on youtube and look through some comments of the 'watch me shrink' videos! There are so many girls bigger than me and when guys comment sth like: "DON'T change anything on your body, you already look damn sexy", then I feel A LOT better :)

• i make a list of the things i like about myself. And i focus on my "perfection" rather "imperfections". i'm sure you are full of qualities, you just need to believe in yourself :)

• I write down my insecurities, basically vent about them on paper.

• Crawl into bed, pull my sheets over my head, take a nap.
    youtube cheers me up too

• Imagine myself as a victoria secret model ;)

• i make myself smile and tell myself im awesome.

• Dress prettily and go drink a cup of tasty coffee alone.

• Sounds good but, I can't do that.

• Why.

• I just moved and, my clothes are in the uhaul. I have plans for the day already. I'm dressed casual.