Does being intelligent make me less attractive?

What I'm getting from other threads if that a girl is intelligent then that takes from her attractiveness.

you don't want a girl to be "too smart"

I'm not talking about myself. Im speaking about women in general.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 27

• No, I find that intelligent women can be very attractive. They can hold a conversation and provide valuable insight, although I haven't met too many.

• Really depends on how smart the girl is when compared to myself.

I would consider myself to be quite smart. Certainly no genius or someone who aced math in school but above average.

Ideally I'd like a girl who is equally as intelligent as me. No less, no more. Someone who I can have long conversations with, someone who can challenge me, someone I can challenge.

• I like intelligent women. But if she was a braniac that always uses big words and reads all the time and stuff, it'd be boring and annoying. But its the same with airheads.

Something between airhead and braniac is best.

• It's good to be smart and it's attractive as long as you don't cop an attitude. My wife is reasonably smart - smarter than average - but sometimes she alienates people or pisses me off because she doesn't have the social sense - which is a different kind of intelligence - required.

• No I love a woman with intelligence! Conversations would be so interesting. I am secure enough with myself that her being smarter does not matter to me as long as she does not mind me being a little slower. Although I think I am kind of smart as well

• It's a turn on

• Yeah, I don't think that's true.

• I disagree. I think intelligent women are more attractive. Adds additional interests and attention.

• hahhhah no... actually most guys like intelligent gals :)

• More by a long shot. Who wants to be with a girl who can't talk about the world bussiness etc etc. I dont want a girl no matter how pretty that is talking about eyeliner and shampoo and knows nothing else pretty boring!

• It makes you even more attractive. Only the insecure guys can't handle an intelligent female.

• Yeah, to be honest it CAN get a bit annoying at times

• If you find one of the few guys who doesn't like a girl to be intelligent, don't give him the time of day. That's complete cow cookies.

• What! no intelligence is the most attractive traits, if I can talk to a girl about economics, politics or just about any other field its extremely attractive!

• No but going around telling people how smart you are isn't exactly attractive, in guys or girls.

• You're intelligent?

• you heard some dumb shit from some dumb ass people

• I like intelligent girls.

• there a lot of guys that are sapiosexuals so that so should give you an edge if anything

• Intelligent women are more attractive to me u can talk to them about theories and stuff

• no no, intelligence is good, cannot stand stupid people of either sex

• There's probably very few guys who find a dumb girl better than a smart girl.

• I like smart women.

• Only if that intelligence comes with a high degree of vanity and stubbornness.

• I'm only attracted to intelligent women.

• no. your face does that.

• No, but are you intelligent though?

What Girls Said 11

• Yes it does.

There are two types of "intelligent women":

1. Dumb cunts who THINK they are smart. This mostly makes them nagging, annoying, manipulative and/or confrontational. In short, completely unmanageable bitches.

Male natural (biological) role in the relationship is leadership. But, even the most emasculated/feminist fag out there, who doesn't think he should lead, will have male pride that comes with that biology. And semi-intellectual dumb cunts will always outnag them, outyell them, outmanipulate them and just outguilt them. In short: be their boss.
    Guys who can't put dumb cunts in their place, can't deal with that at all (will do so only for the sex). Those (guys with balls) that can, might find it interesting at first for the sake of conquest, but ultimately will leave too not wanting to deal with dumb cunt theatrics in the long run.

2. Women who are ACTUALLY smart. These are rare. Like 2 in a 100. Maybe 1...
    They are never crazy cunts, they are never feminists, they are never aggressive, argumentative, nagging, controlling. They get humans by the token of being female and having a decent brain on their head.

But being smarter than the guy threatens their respect for him. They might not treat him as a doormat, but he will feel like he is being pandered to and might become insecure about her leaving him in the long run. (and rightly so)

Women always look for partners better than themselves in all aspects (except beauty) and a dumber guy will always be threatened to be replaced. This can cause insecurity that will ultimately crush the relationship. (Unless she leaves first to find someone smarter like he feared.)

A guy won't admit female smarts are threatening because he might think he will come of as a stupid guy if he does. But that doesn't mean that's not a worry on his list. Guys as a rule are too proud to admit how vulnerable their pride really is afraid it will be used against them.

But keep in mind you should never play a moron, or dumb yourself down to make guy like you. In the long run, you're probably not as smart as you think (this goes for ALL women) so there is no need to do that.
    And if there IS REAL need to play dumb, don't even bother with this guy. It won't work anyway.

• No, I don't think being intelligent is a factor in someone being unattractive unless they are arrogant or a "know-it-all" as those personality traits tend to be off-putting. However, intelligence in general is a good thing and adds to a person's attractiveness in MY opinion.

• I always thought it makes girls MORE attractive. Some guys just may be intimidated by intelligence but overall it should be a good thing.

• Bogus. A real man, especially an intelligent one, is never threatened by a girl's intelligence. For many of them, it's a turn on.

• I don't think it does!

• If anything, intelligence makes one more attractive for most people. However, if a guy explicitly states that he doesn't want his girl to be "too smart," I get the strong impression that he lacks confidence because he might not want her to be smarter than he is.

• That's normally how i feel. It's sad to see so many guys here adhere to that belief.

• That's ridiculous. Please forget that information. As long as you aren't a show off then you're fine. No man wants a dumb woman and the ones that do aren't with her for her personality but what her body can give them. A real man wants an intelligent woman. apply your smarts to a great career and you'll be surrounded by smart (if not financially well off) men.

• I wanted a general sense of what the community thought of this. If the answer was yes we like dumb women it wouldn't have changed the way I would continue to be.

• Uh no intelligence is extremely attractive.

• Where the actual fuck are these threads

• No, being smart makes you more attractive. Dont listen to those people.

• Probably more intimidating but not less attractive.