How can I not feel so ugly?

How can I not feel so ugly...
well basically what I look like I 5'4 caramel skin tone short damaged curly hair acne scarring
a big butt chubby muffin top stomach and medium sized boobs.
i just don't feel very pretty in my natural self
so I put extensions in and put on makeup... I look horrible and gross with it... It's weird because my head and face is small and my body is big not skinny not fat either just in the middle.. How can I feel pretty?

Most Helpful Guy

• When you feel great about yourself, you'll be more active. It seems like your not overweight, but you also worry about what others think. Be who you are, do your own thing. Don't be your own bug light and zap yourself, you should be doing that to the guys out there.

I was in a horrible relationship that zapped my confidence because I loved her and her words carried weight, more negatives than positives. I gained almost 80 lbs. since we've broken up 2 months ago, my confidence is building and have lost a little over 60 of what I gained. It does help for me because I do like to workout and martial arts, so I like to be active.

Focus on you, but not in the mirror, because we are our harshest critic to ourselves. Get active, get involved with something that releases endorphins, your brain and body will love that.

By the way, imperfections in our eyes will be the perfections in others, stay confident because you are here, you are breathing and you have purpose.

What Guys Said 5

• You have to have confidence. That is the key to not feeling ugly. Why should you care what other people say about you. Sounds like your beautiful!

• Stop wearing the make up and putting in extensions. Realize that your imperfections make you, you! Honestly imperfections make someone more attractive. One day someone will come along an fall in love with all of you.

• just accept it or not and stop helping flood gag with insecure questions. Its getting annoying.

Your not the only one with problems you know...

• Well, how can we know just out of description? You really could post a photo, it is anonymous, nobody will know you, but for us it helps to tell you truth.

• I wish you had a pic oh and I hate makeup

What Girls Said 8

• All of the "problems" you mentioned are within your control. Work out and the chubbiness and muffin top will go away. Take good care of your skin and you'll not only help get rid of the acne scarring but also prevent future acne and scarring. Take better care of your curly hair and it will grow and not be damaged (check out naturallycurly. com for information on how to have healthy curly hair).

• I am not saying you have to lose pounds etc

But define pretty to YOU not someone else.
    Not what the guys find pretty but what you find pretty.
    Write it down and be realistic.

For me beauty is being healthy and fit.

So I wrote those down and did some research on healthy lifestyle

And I started to take action.

I decided to slowly change my eating habits to that of a healthier choice.

Exercising and doing hobbies that also is a way of exercising , like riding bicycle.

Taking shower twice a day for me because Its really hot in here these days and I like being fresh. That makes me feel pretty.

Taking care of teeth

Going to doctors for check up or any concerns etc.

Doing those things makes me happy and feel confident.

Figure out your definition of pretty and take action.

• you are pretty.. ands i think cute.. look at yourself and take a close look at all your features.. you are a cute caramel muffin.. :)

• Working on your self and seeing results is going to make to feel better.. I could give you reassurances and say your not ugly and shit but life is not easy and sometimes you have to work to active something.
    Your height is fine. See a dermatologist for your acne, develop a good skin care regime. Use hair care products and style your hair.
    EXERCISE! If you have a hot toned up body nothing else will matter much.

• Look up some recommendations online for clothes to flatter you're body type.

• i bet to someone your beautiful
    dont worry about what others think
    just be you
    but try to fix your damaged hair it might help
    :)

• im sure you're beautiful...

• lol... why do you feel ugly?