I'm 13, 167cm tall and weigh 61 kg. why am I fat?

I swim and play football and I eat healthy. Am I fat? Why do I look chubby. I've had my period For more than a year. I feel too conscious to wear a bikini. I even do home workouts etc, but I don't know what to do. How to o lose mor weight? I want to reach at least 55kgs and i would like opinions on whether or not I'm overweight.. Thanks so much

28

Most Helpful Girl

• That's not overweight, that's probably normal for your height honestly or at least close to it. When I was younger I was skinny until I got my period also then gained weight/filled out, it happens to all of us lol. Just take care of yourself, try to eat healthy food and you're already exercising which is good, you could look up different videos to work out with on Youtube, I love doing that, like yoga, zumba, resistance bands etc for something fun. You're not overweight or fat, don't put those labels on yourself, just take care of your body.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 8

• That is not even fat. I am 170 cm and I was 59 kg at my lowest. Right now I am 62 kg. Still not fat, just not fit.

• A woman has a far higher natural body fat percentage. So a man with the same height and kilos can actually look in better shape than a woman with the same stats.

• @julyandrews but I have no boobs.

• It sounds like you are reasonably healthy!

• Well that's off the metric system, so I'll say you should use a gram of liters to run a kilometer. That's the extent of my understanding of the crazy metric system in Europe .

• Don´t loose weight, build up some muscles. Then your basal metabolism will make you slim (more muscles = more energy consumption). Also 61kg of muscles is way slimmer than 61kg of fat (fat is much lighter, so same weight means a lot more fat than muscles).

• Well you got a lot of growing to do and that will help make your desired change. Work outs take awhile to effect the body.

• It's normal at your age, don't worry about it.

• If you had studied even a little bit biology you would knew that girls at their teen years and after their period are getting fat because your body develops so it will be able to make a baby.

• diet has more impact on body fats than excercise does. focus on what you eat.

What Girls Said 1

• You're going to puberty and your body is changing. You're not overweight but you should pay attention. I was like you at that age. I'm now 1.70 cm and weigh 57 kg, but most importantly I like what I see in the mirror. At one point the scale won't change when you work out a lot. It might even increase because of how much muscle mass you build up.

You talk about home workout but how's your diet? Food is 70% of getting in a good shape, 30% is working out. That's how important food is for weightloss. So show us your meal plan and we can advice further.