Do I have early signs of male pattern baldness?

I don't know if my hair line has just matured or I am going to go bald but at 21 this is my current hairline. Its receeded since I was 17 on my temples and I don't know how to tell if it will continue. Both side are receding the same rate but I'm sorta worried. My dad said his hair line took the same pattern and stopped at 21 so I should be good but I'm starting to consider rogaine until I have more money to get better options.

Most Helpful Guy

• Your hairline seems quite normal for a 21 year old. If it was like that at 17, you should be more 'concerned', I guess. Which leads me to the next question

Why the fundamental terror? Why the urgency to take evasive action?

• Rogaine isn't evasive lol its the cheapest stuff I can find and I'm a poor college kid. When I get a career I'll get more expensive means. I hope it has just matured but I don't know I'm starting to think its more.

What Girls Said 1

• Your hair looks really thick to me. I don't think you have to worry yet.

• Its very thick (not to make a sexual joke) but I have totally lost half an inch off my temples. Nothing else has changed and my dad has the same line. I also know my mom's dad ( which is the main determinant) was bad at my age. I'm a little worried.

• Keep an eye on it. If you're really concerned you could try rogaine and see if you notice a difference.

• I do every day lol I hope it just matured I never knew what that term meant until recently but I'm still holding out hope.

What Guys Said 2

• If your dad had same thing you should be ok.

• I thought my moms side determined my hairline development

• nah.. yer hair look ok bro