Ditching foundations and concealers for summer, but what do you think?

Okay, so I've decided to be more natural this summer abandoning all my foundations and concealers for the season and relying on nothing but mascara, maybe some eyeshadow and lipsticks. I decided to do so because I really wanna give my skin a break from all the powder and foundations and allow it some time to breathe and recover. However my family seems to be absolutely against the 'natural look'.. Especially my mom and aunt keep shooting against it since they say I should cover up the irregularities to look prettier for men..(my mom also keeps telling my I should grow my hair because she thinks guys don't like short hair) They really start to put pressure on me now because I'm still single, I don't even know what's their problem like it's not their cup of tea anyways >.<'. My friends however don't really back me up either since they just keep telling me I look 'sick' without the foundation. This might be because my skin is naturally very pale and fair and I always used a foundation that gave me some kind of tan. Now the freckles and apparently a slight port wine stain (?) on my cheek are visible and absolutely nobody seems to like it. I personally thought it wouldn't make such a big difference actually and felt good to finally be brave enough to go out without covering up but after all this I feel really insecure about my face..

Maybe I'm just not pretty enough to pull off 'natural' look?
And what do you guys think about girls wearing no foundation/make-up?
In all honesty, if you wouldn't know me with make up on would you perceive me as sick or ugly without it?

Most Helpful Guy

• OH GOD NO! NOT A WOMAN WITHOUT MAKEUP! ANYTHING BUT THAT... you look gorgeous. Sorry I like to be melodramatic sometimes. The only complaint I have with what I am seeing is the duck face, yes pouty lips are nice but whats better is a smile, its genuine, warm and friendly. Much more inviting. As for the irregularities are you refering to freckles because freckles are cute as hell. And the short hair, very nice. Every damn women I see has long straight hair and quite honestly its bland. Your hair is a lot more eye catching. Go for the more natural look, if your going to use makup then yes use it to highlight your eyes (thay are very lovely).

• Haha that duck face is pretty much a habit whenever I take photos ^^; Don'T worry tho I don't walk around in public making that face.. And yeah I mean freckles but I also have red cheeks and it looks like blush but tbh I think it is a really slight port wine stain, however most of the time you can hardly even see it - Thank you for MHO.

• not a problem, happy I could help.

What Guys Said 2

• Makeup is good for everyday just dont overdo it

• So you prefer make-up over no make up? (As in foundation)

• Yes def, i am suprised men ain't wearing it the younger male gen. are pretty vain

• I know men that do tho! :)

• I think you look very well without the make up

What Girls Said 5

• YESSS!! go for it!

girl u look SO beautiful either way.

• you look great without it!!! i wish i had your skin omgosh!!! seriously you have nothing to worry about omgosh!!

• Wow your face has a natural beauty. You don't need any makeup because your face is really beautiful. I'm sure guys feel the same way!

• holy crap you're gorgeous! your family and friends are obviously the most annoying stupidest people ever. you look great and won't you get a tan in the summer anyways?

• Haha thank you so much :) Unfortunately I don't naturally tan at all, just get sun burned and end up with hundreds of freckles all over my face, shoulders and arms.. 😔 I've tried a self-tanning lotion once and it worked quite well but the constant reapplying and the stains if you weren't careful enough just got way too annoying after a while..

• yes i understand the struggle of fake tanning haha

• Sound like a great idea to keep your pores unclogged in the heat. Plus your beautiful you don't need the makeup