Am I an albino?

I have blonde hair and blue eyes. My skin is very light and I burn easily. However, I do get a very light tan which is nothing compared to other people. I always get called albino by other guys. I find this racist as albinism is something beyond their control. I just don't want to be picked on and I have great respect for people with albinism whether or not I am one.

Most Helpful Girl

• No. You would have been diagnosed by a doctor at birth.

Albinism is that absence of pigment in the skin, eyes, and hair. Also, albino people have serious reactions to sun exposure and would burn not tan. Also their eyes are extremely light senstive.

What Girls Said 6

• I used to be the same way. The word white is literally in my name. I used to get picked on a lot for it, but some goth chick told me once how lucky I was cause she spent $100-200 on sunscreen every summer to stay pale. I would burn... like lobster burn... and 5 days later, I'd be white again. 3 summers ago, I tanned for the first time in my life and last summer I refused to use sunscreen. I'm stoked about actually being able to tan, but I've been getting a lot of freckles after the tan goes away in fall/wintertime.

• Being albino isn't just bruh blonde or pale, it's a literal lack of pigment. So being completely white and big white hair (if your another race thought you may have more blonde or light brown colors going on).
    Also white albinos tend to have red eyes.
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...863766b3f8.jpg

• You're not albino. You're just a really pale white guy.

• albinos have red eyes

• Albinos will have reddish-pink eyes and practically white skin, their hair would also be white rather than blonde. You're not albino :) but it's nice that you have respect for them

• i think thats cool.

What Guys Said 5

• I don't think an albino would tan just burn up.

• Being anti-albino isn't racist. Albinos aren't a race. It's like saying someone who hates people under 5'7" racist.

• You would have pink eyes, were you an albino.

• If you had red eyes, i'd be worried
    Your good to go

• Albino's lack pigment in the hair as well as the skin and eyes. You are not albino.