Girls, guys working out at the gym?

Ok so I realize that some women prefer the thin look on a lot of guys which is fine. No hate but, and this is for everyone, when you see the bigger guys at the gym lifting insane amounts of weight what goes through your mind? I'm not talking about when guys are yelling or grunting just when you see a bigger guy lifting heavy what goes through your mind? Sexy, scary, funny, stupid, hope he doesn't fart lol?

Thanks!

14

Most Helpful Girl

• I admire and have inward smiles for ALL people who workout because I am all about self improvement.

ie: ANY effort is better than NO effort :)

What Girls Said 13

• Well I mean that last one, always a concern, lol. but I'd have to say that there is nothing stupid about a guy who likes to be in shape as long as its not his only interest and career goal. If that's all he talks about and likes nothing but lifting then there's an issue. Otherwise I think its attractive and admirable.

• I think wow that guy is pretty damn strong haha but chances are a lot of the guys that lift super heavy are really bulky and sorta fat, I like my guys lean and with cuts I could careless how much weight he can lift, as long as his body looks good

• I'm only curious so please don't perceive this as hate. I'm obviously not a woman and therefore don't know what attracts a woman to a man. I do realize its circumstantial and preferential but, I always assumed that similar to how men subconsciously perceive breasts and hips, women viewed a mans physical presence. If a man is small or cut, he's not very intimidating (well not to me), does this affect your perception of his ability to defend/protect? Thanks in advance!

• I think it's cool. I do like skinny guys but if your a muscular guy I won't run you away. I like lifting weight so seeing someone else do it is awesome

• 0|0
  • I might be impressed, that's it though. Unless he's good looking. Then I would think, wow he's good looking & can lift heavy.

• im like damn he could beat me up

• Just amazed at the amount of weight he can lift :)

• I'm reminded of the big mutated guys from Saints Row The Third

• It borders on sexy and scary, but it's always manly! I don't like thin guys. I like hulks.

• i love thin guys and i am zero attracted to guys who work out to have big muscles.

• While I am in no way attempting to discount your opinion (actually I'm thankful for your opinion) I still find it strange that a woman would not be concerned about the physical abilities of her significant other. My opinions/perspectives are obviously going to be subjective and shaped by my own personal experiences. The reason I workout is based on the desire to not only survive but, thrive. I don't workout to be pretty or to meet people, I workout so that if need be, I can defend myself and others. That being said, its hard to workout with that mindset for 15-20yrs and not gain muscle. Actually, if you workout for 15-20yrs and don't gain muscle, something is wrong lol.

I've gotten off track, sorry. What I'm getting at is that I suppose I still believe in chivalry and for me, part of chivalry includes a mans physical presence as well as his ability to protect his lady. Kind of similar to how men view hips/breasts in relation to her perceived/prospective fertility.

• no it's okay!! i have nothing wrong with people who workout for muscles. all i'm trying to say is that i am more attracted to slim guy? maybe because my teenage years crush was like that? i don't know maybe it'll change someday

• NO! NEVER EVER change because of what someone else says... be you!!! I wasn't hating, just talking and explaining my view that's all...

• Haha hope he farts :'D

• I fall in love and i think he is sexy and i wanna it

• About the same as when I used to lift large amounts of weights. Show off!

• Haha... some are so its inevitable. But most of us are there solely for the workout...