Is it true that people are prettier when they smile?

I've been told that smiling more would make me prettier. Is this something a lot of people think about others? I'm actually a really happy person so I guess I just have a resting b! tch face more than i realized xD

example:

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 10

• Yeah, but I prefer not to smile, I feel like it's fake, so I don't like how I look when I smile.
    You look better while smiling though.

• I think that is true - Your pics look nce

• Yes! It makes you. literally, ten times more attractive. You are still a bit self-conscious in the last photo, but it's very nice.

• Smiling definitely does work for everyone.
    Take it from me. I've been called "The Terminator" before :/

• Smiling makes women look a lot nicer than straight face to men, but the opposite isn't true of men for women.

• Some people do. I just look sinister.

• yes a smile makes a huge difference in my opinion

• I don't care how ugly someone is. A smile will light up their face making them more approachable.

• It just makes them look more approachable but sometimes they can still look attractive without smiling.

• I think it's because because of the emotion on their face that they look better. Anger can make someone look uglier while happiness makes them look prettier.

Unless your like me and have crooked teeth.

What Girls Said 5

• It's not necessarily the smile. It's what shines through. When a person is happy and full of life, it shows. It actually shows more in a person's eyes, but is reflected in the smile. For instance, you gave a (tooth free) smile in the last picture. It still doesn't make you look happy. You look unsure of yourself and insecure. It shows all over your face and in your eyes.

• by the way, you don't have a "resting bitch face" at all.

As far as being prettier, you are pretty whether you smile or not. People are arttracted to those who look happy. That is what looks "pretty" to them.

• Not for everyone... I personally hate my smile and I honestly look better with a smirk or just snout any look than showing teeth.

• I think it's true. It makes them seem more approachable and friendly which instantly makes them more attractive to me.

• yes, but only if they smile with their eyes

• Not if they have rotten teeth or missing teeth