Self harm scars?

I have a past of self harm. What do you think about self inflicted scars? Are they a deal breaker? how would you react to a friend or signifigant other having such scars?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not a deal breaker, I might have a tendency to pay more attention just to make sure my partner is not self-harming herself again. If she felt comfortable enough telling me why she did self harm the first time I would listen and make sure I understood the situation completely and try to protect her from being in that place again.

• And if they were still self harming?

• You are welcome Miss

• Thank you for MHO :)

What Guys Said 5

• They are not a dealbreaker , they are a sign something happened in the past and allowances should be made.

• as long as u don't cut yerself anymore... it's ok in my opinion :)

• I don't mind them at all as long as she isn't still cutting herself

• They suck.

• I don't know if everybody has such a story, but I had a similar issue after the death of someone close to me... I think everybody has hard times. Main point; please do not hurt yourself anymore. Life is too short for extra pain we create for ourselves.

What Girls Said 2

• As long as you're not currently harming yourself then it's fine. Otherwise I'd try to help you through it

• i used to cut myself and when someone would notice they'd usually be to scared or something to say anything but i'd just tell them it was a long time ago, its not a deal breaker but if a guy/girl your into ask or stares to long just explain it quickly and move on.