Would/do you reply to private messaging from GAGers who don't have an avatar?

Do you ever request their photo? How do you react if they dont have a twitter, facebook, kik, or skype? Do they seem a little more honest-like for not having an avatar compared to most of these GAGers who could be possibly catfishing?

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on the question. I'm not stupid enough to agree to meet offline, so the fear of catfishing is non-existent for me.

Most Helpful Girl

• I reply to them as they usually ask for advice.

I just don't like messaging too much but I don't really care if they have an avatar or not.

What Guys Said 15

• I do reply to GAGers that do not have a photo on here. I do not request a photo and I do not care if they do not have twitter, facebook, kid or Skype in fact I do not really want to talk to many GAGers anywhere else but here. I look at the content of the message sent to me and then decided if I should reply or not. I have had random girls I have never talked to or even knew existed send me messages on here trying to get me to message them and giving me their email address. This is in the very first message they send to me when I have never sent them a message or they have never send me a message before either. I ignore those messages and don't reply.

• kid I mean kik

• Yea I usually use the line "let me get to know you first"... Then these idiots assume that means chat to me for one hour and then I'll reconsider. Lol smh

• I just send nothing back. Yeah I know what you mean by what you are saying though.

• this isn't a dating site so why does it matter if you have an avatar or not? I reply to everyone that messages me.

• my avatar has a bad rep :(

• I am lucky I don't get inundated with dodgy messages and I can spot them fairly quick.

• If you signed up as a female you'd probably get a lot more dodgy messages.

• You cannot private message as anonymous, so just treat them like anyone else.

• I didn't mean as anon. But yea i get ya

• Sure, I'd respond. What difference does the avatar make?

• I am a catfish and people seem to respond positively to me lol!

• On many of my posts, I invite people to message me simply for clarification. They are too stupid to do even that.

• I've found that many people here don't take up the offers to continue conversations via PM, instead they'd rather continue commenting in public on whatever post they were on. Or they don't bother replying when you take the initiative and message them first.

• This confirms what I've suspected and observed for quite some time... people on here want attention and no solutions.

• Doesn't matter to me if they have an avatar or not

• How do you react when they try to get personal? Like i hate when they ask for my number without me even knowinh what they look like first

• Yea I usually am. Thanks though :)

• Not to mention fat and ugly and it's not that I have anything against them, I just meant that you never really know who's behind that curtain

• What is an avatar?

• I wouldn`t mind if they don`t have their pic up it wouldn`t benefit me with anything

• ill talk to anybody. doesn't matter to me. i just enjoy talking to people.

• I like seeing who I'm talking to I might ask for a pic but they never do

• I've taken a break from fb so this is pretty much all I use for now

• On top of that, I am honestly not really interested in knowing what they look like, I'm not flirting with them
      I'm just chatting

• Exactly bra..

• It doesn't really bother me. Some have asked for a pic and others didn't really care

What Girls Said 7

• i feel more relatable to someone who uses their photo as an avatar because then i feel like im corresponding with an actual person. i dont request their photo otherwise... i mean, im curious what they look like but i dont care that much. it would just be nice if people could be upfront, honest, and themselves on here.. that the whole point of this place, right?

• @Klaatu51 doesn't have his pic up. I still message him

• I still message them. If they want to show me their face that's up to them.

• I do reply. And no, I don't ask for photos or other social media.

• It depends on the contents of the message.

• Yeah , I'd respond.

• I do reply. I don't bother asking for a picture.