Why do women obsess with stretch marks?

0|0
4|4

Most Helpful Girl

• because we don't like them

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• Because woman are hyper critical of themselves. Also they fail to realise that men get stretch marks too.

0|0
    0|0
  • As a mother with stretch marks on my belly, I can honestly say go F*%$k yourself if you don't like them, because I earned them!!! Secondly, I have enough self respect to not show my body off to everybody and their dog. I'm not bothered by my stretch marks because I know they are there as a result of something great. Now if I got them by sitting on the couch eating Cheetos, then at least I could look back and say "wow that was time well wasted"

0|0
    0|0
  • Women obsess over everything. Period.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• Maybe for similar reasons some men are obsessed about their penis size? :)

I think it is a mix of "media standards" pressure and low self-esteem.

Being mildly unsatisfied about something here and there on our bodies could be considered normal, but obsession is never ok. Even though they know most men are not disturbed by this, they keep on self criticism and being troubled about it.

0|0
    0|0
    • Well, penis size is a more serious issue.

• Yes, for us men it is. But for most women, usually if the penis is not remarkably small (or too big), it doesn't matter as much as the penis owner knowing what to do with it.

The same thing could be applied to women stretch marks: if they're not way too much to a point of being like a landmark, men don't even notice it. And even if noticed, we care not that much at all. :)

• Women tend to be hyper critical of themselves

0|0
    0|0
  • iunno. but stretch marks are not a bad thing. I'm fit and i have them.

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont think most men care, they never bothered me,

0|0
    0|0