I look too young?

I look way too young and it's really getting me down. I know it's not bad to look a couple of years younger but I'm 27, soon 28, and people never guess my age as being over 21. I constantly get asked for ID, and little boys try and get my number barely ever men my own age. When ones my own age approach me it's the "legal pedo" types who are old looking for a barely legal girl. Kids in college try and be my friend, people my own age treat me as I'm a school kid til I actually open my mouth and speak. I'm a smoker and random busy bodies come up to me when I'm smoking trying to tell me off for smoking so young.

It's getting me really down now. What can I do to look older?
I dress how I'm comfortable, which is just casual clothes, sometimes smart casual. Usually my hair is just in a bun or down. I've got a round face which is probably the main reason people think I'm a kid. And i don't wear much make up, like when I wear day make up people think I'm wearing no make up and even that I don't do very often, i only usually wear make up if I'm getting dressed up to go out somewhere nice.
What would you suggest I change to look older, like at least over 18/19 maybe early twenties.

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't worry about looking young that is a problem that most of the population wishes they had. When you are in your 40's and still look like you are in your 20's you are going to be happy with that youthful appearance. Own who you are and be proud of it don't change it to try to appease others.

What Guys Said 10

• Please don't worry!! You will be so glad in a few years time that you look younger than your years. Like if you still look to be in your 20's when you are really in your 50's!

My sister is only 5' 1" tall, and always carries ID. She's nearly 21, almost 3 years above the alcohol age limit in the UK. She gets ID'd almost daily, even where she's known!

• Seriously? Why the hell would you want to look older? I'm 36 and everyone thinks I'm 46 unless I dye my hair and facial hair because I've been premature gray since I was 25. Stop complaining and enjoy your damned youth! :)

Also, if you're going to pique our curiousity like that, the least you could do is post a pic.

• LOL... if i was u i'd b happy... it's gr8 to look younger trust me... better embrace it in my opinion :)

• Don't let looking younger get you down. I'm a 21 year old guy and I look 16. The younger you look; the better you'll look the older you get. Guys dream of dating younger women, but there's not many women that have the age and look young. I always go to the casino and I always get asked for ID multiple times. Take it as a joke when people ask you for ID. Inside I always feel insulted, but it's not a big deal.
    I know how you feel- you want people to respect your age, but you don't look your age and they treat you like a kid. That brings down my self esteem too, but be happy that you look young. Not many people have that ability. Looking younger you can pull off any look that you wanted and you'll look better than most women when their older. I hope you're happy. Life is too short to worry about how you look, appreciate yourself. Forget what everyone else thinks about how you look. I bet you look gorgeous.

• Never mind also i have same problem i am 25 but look way 20-21 there are two way one is it is good coz when we get older we will seen younger but other way in case i am worry about that we will look way older suddenly i mean aging..

• Only if that's what you want.
    If it really bugs you, then try out dressing more mature, more adult makeup etc.
    But only if it's what you WANT to do.

• im 23 and if i shave i look 16. i know how you feel, but at the same time were only young for so long so might as well take it while you can lol. what do you look like? message me a pic?

• wear classy clothes you will appear older

• I'm use to that till just recent when now I'm told I look older. A pic would help me help you message me

• I think eyelashes and eye make up usually helps

What Girls Said 3

• Usually when that happens, no matter what you do, you won't be able to look older because your face will always give you away. Your best bet is to change your haircut and do some heavier make up. Better than that, only if you show all those people your middle finger and just do your thing.

• Please post your picture.

• That's good. you'll be like 50 And look 35.