Is being called cute bad?

I've been called cute a few times and my friends are saying that it's bad. They are saying I should be called hot or sexy. They said "if you want a girl to date you, they have to think you are hot. Not cute. Being called cute means you are like a brother and you will be automatically put in the friendzone." I have been in the friendzone a lot and in starting to think this is why so is being cute bad and if so how does one become hot/sexy

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 10

• Cute is not a bad thing at all, don't worry! :)

• No. Its great. Cute lasts longer than sexy.

• Haha, I guess it's individual preference.

Being called cute is not bad.

I never grow tired of cuteness

• Nope that's the highest compliment I could ever give to a guy ^^

• Why should you change yourself for a girl to think you're hot... not only that but your friends sounds like assholes saying that you can't be call cute/adorable... cause you'll be in the friend zone which sounds like bs to me... don't you know that (most) girls care about the your personality than your looks... be happy with who you are and don't let others put you down...

• *more than
      Sorry

• Every girl I've meet said that they prefer looks over personality because they don't want to date an ugly guy. It wouldn't be fun to be in a relationship with an ugly guy.

• Then those girls are shallow... they don't deserve good people in their lives because they can't see past looks... You see I'm not shallow, I like a guy because of his personality... and if he's a cold heartless asshole , I won't hesitate to cut ties with him... but if he's a good person with a warm heart... why should I care about how he looks...

• no it's a compliment... I don't think I've called people hot/sexy

• They are wrong any guy I've called cute I've wanted :P

• cute is never bad for a dude

• Cute is not bad at all!

• No, I like cute better tbh. I guess there are different versions of cute? Like "Awww, how cute!" may refer to a cute/adorable animal or something sweet. A "heey, you're cute!" means you are good looking/attractive.

What Guys Said 5

• My sister says she hates when guys call her cute. Apparently She hears it too often. For once she'd like to be called beautiful by someone other than a family member. Lots of my friends call her sexy and I have to check them on that haha.

As for myself, I take any compliment I can get!

• Dude! You answered your own question!

Okay, firstly the girls don't have any self awareness. Listening to their responses won't teach you anything. Secondly, the men here are all beta faggots and you probably shouldn't listen to them either.

But maybe if you rephrased you question to have very specific conditions you could see what girls DO instead of what they say.

Ask, "When your were in high school did you ever pursue a boy and become boyfriend and girlfriend by telling him compliments like, 'you're cute'?"

"What was the last compliment you gave to a guy that you were crushing on?"

16 is young. The way you kids act is different than the way adults act. If a girl told me that I was "cute", it'd definitely be a shit test, or she'd have to be really naive.

For high school girls, maybe the shy virgins might prefer that word over hot or sexy, because they're not comfortable with talking about sex yet. But girls sexually mature (put out) sooner than boys do so I'd exercise skepticism.

Trust your instincts bro. What are they telling you?

• Your friends are wrong and know nothing about women.. they are probably just jealous and are trying to bring u down... women who call u cute are the kinds that u want in your life

• it's a compliment dude...

• No, that's great!