Is my hair too long? Does it look bad?

My boyfriend says that my hair is too long and that it is unattractive. He always says to me that I should just cut it all off and have a short hairstyle. At first I just put it off and ignored him but now he always mentions it. I'm now considering to cut it short but I'm not sure. Is my hair too long? Shall it cut it all off?

Is my hair too long? Does it look bad?

Most Helpful Guy

• Looks good long but I think you could pull off short hair if you do cut it. You must have had long hair for ages, its good to change things up.

• thank you, Im most likely to cut it but not sure on to just get a small trim or cut it off. do you really think i could pull off shorter hair?

• Yes your beautiful, I think you would look so good with short hair. That would be too long for me, I would also say cut it if i were your boyfriend

• Well thank you, I will take that into consideration

What Guys Said 19

• First of all, your boyfriend is a jerk and I recommend you dump his ass. Here's why:

You are gorgeous and your hair is absolutely beautiful. If you like your hair then your boyfriend should be telling you that he loves you with long hair. If you decided to shave yourself bald and tattoo Barack Obama's face on top of your bare skull, he should be telling you that he loves you bald and that the picture of Barack Obama on your head is damn sexy.

In other words, it is your body and however you want to change it should be perfectly okay with your boyfriend. If it's not, then he's a jerk and you should get rid of him.

• Wait... do you go barefoot everywhere, live in a tower and brush and brush and brush your hair?

• I was thinking Rapunzel too when I saw this, lmao

• It is a little overgrown in my opinion but if you like long hair then have it long. Since the hair is part of your body then you have to make it the way it makes you comfortable and happy. Your guy can have his own opinion but you should not make yourself look a way you don't like just because he doesn't like it long. Sure making sacrifices is part of relationships but I think that hair is an important part which should not be sacrificed too far.

• Have your hair the way YOU like it.
    What happens if you do cut it, and he still doesn't like it?
    If he is so hung up on short hair maybe he needs to look elsewhere.
    Don't let anyone dictate your life. What's next? Your clothes? Make-up?

• I get what your saying but I'm going to be spending the rest of my life with him so I have to make him happy, and if he wants me to have short hair then maybe I might just have to do that

• I like it that long

• it looks nice but it should be annoying for you to have long hair like that because its hard to take care of it

• Personally I love it, very hot.

• Leave it, it looks good! 😂

• After all those years of growing it, it's beautiful. But, I would do as your boyfriend wishes.

• Its good I like it.

• I think it's too long yes
    Don't cut it all off, just the average length

• It's literally below your ass, not unattractive but looks bad. I guess it will be better if you cut it to middle of your back. How can you sleep with that hair? I'm serious :D

• could do with a trim

• looks fine

• no lol, it looks amazing ^^

• don't do anything with it!!! I LOVE long hair. it's beautiful :)

• You have no idea how pretty you are *_* and no it doesn't look bad

• yeah its just too long in my opinion.

• Couple inches maybe, no more than that

• LONG HAIR FUCKING ROCKS! I think your hair is beautiful!

What Girls Said 13

• Your hair is so long and beautiful.
    I think it makes you unique.
    Not everyone is able to grow it that long.

Your boyfriend is expressing his preference.
    If what he says is hurting your feelings or making you feel less attractive , you need to tell him.
    He should accept your look instead of making it seem like you aren't beautiful enough because of your hair.

Never change for someone else.
    Because if you do, then who are you?
    Change because it's something you want.

• It looks very pretty, it would look prettier if it was a couple of inches shorter in my opinion. Either way you're beautiful and I don't know why your boyfriend would want you to have short hair. Do what you feel like doing, if you like your hair like this than just tell him next time he mentions it. He should respect your wishes. Of course you want to be beautiful in his eyes, but it's more important that you like yourself.

• I get what your saying but he loves me and I have to make him happy, if he likes short hair then I might just cut it

• I love long hair. I use to have my hair the same length as yours but I cut if of because it was a hassle to maintain.

If you want to cut it, cut it because YOU want to. It's really your hair not your boyfriends' hair

• True, but she's living with her (whether literal or metaphorical) he's gotta like it too. Women are often just as shallow as well, if not more. If just one thing I us wrong physically with him, they dismiss him immediately

• what length did you cut it too? Mine takes ages to dry and then style, so I am thinking about it. Just don't know how much to cut off

• I cut it up to my shoulders and let it grow back out again. It's up above my lower back at the moment.

• Nah leave it.

Also, a guy telling a girl to cut her hair short? That's a first.

• I loveeee your hair. He needs to shut his fucking mouth because its your hair. Would you tell him how and the color he needs to make his?

• I really like your hair. If you were to cut it I'd cut it to the short layer that you can see in the guest picture. So that'd be like a foot off.

• Your hair is absolutely beautiful 😍

• Your hair is absolutely beautiful! 😍😍

• Yes, your hair is long. But it's pretty too... ^ ^

• wow beautiful!!

• It's great hair but it is a tad too long. You don't need to go short but just above the bottom would be nicer I think. Really great hair though and defo attractive.

• It gets in the way of making love. Understandable that your boy f wants it trimmed off.

• yes he gets really annoyed when having sex with me, it does always get in the way. He just wishes it wasn't there and that it was short

• you hair looks great! but personally i think that when the hair gets that long it kinda looks a bit messy.. so yeah, maybe cut it, but not short.. just to waist length or something

• it is kinda messy and it gets in the way all the time. Plus it goes so crazy after a windy day