Why are so many people asking to rate their looks?

I think you should be happy with who you are and not what other peple think of you. Or is this a way for you to help your self esteem? I don't want to sound like I am judging people, I just don't understand it.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 12

• They get bored and seek Attention

• A bit of attention seeking I think

• Some think they're actually fat, when they are really skinny
    Some have been picked on and heard that they're ugly
    Some have one feature that they're subconscious about
    Some want to know how they look, because they look for a partner
    Some... Do it for fun and attention

• Because they are not sure if they are considered attractive/not. So they ask people this question to find out what the general population thinks.

• If I do ask for ratings it's because I want honest opinions of how I look from other people's point of view. I don't exactly care what people think too much but it's just for peace of mind, I guess.

• because they're hoping for a safe community that won't be cruel to them because it can be really hard to get affirmation and not everyone finds it easy to love themselves.

• <---- How do I look rate me please!

• Some people are insecure and some people are just fishing

• My guess is because GaG created a How Do I Look subtopic for the sole purpose of people rating people, so people are taking advantage of it.

• Because they are insecure or bored

• It's to help their self-esteem and give them a realistic sense of how attractive they are to others.

• It's not really what the site is meant for. But, since they added the section, people use it

What Girls Said 8

• They're just looking for attention and validation in my opinion.

The people who are confident and know they're attractive, and are not attention seeking, and don't give a fuck what other think don't ask that cause they have no need to do that.

The people who truly believe they're ugly don't ask that, because they don't want to embarrass themselves, and they know the opinions will probably only make them feel worse.

So that leaves us only attention whores. They can't survive without attention, that's why they do it.

• because theyre either insecure af, fishing for compliments, genuinely concerned about their appearance or just lonely and want words of comfort.

• I think we all want attention, more or less, and many people don't get that much attention in their real lives so they try getting it here. No matter how many 10s they'd get they'd feel the same way about them selves, no one else can change that... But yeah I think it has to do with self esteem (or lack of) & attention seeking.

• Some do this to fish for compliments and hear what they already knew, but some are genuinely asking it to know if others perceive them as good looking or not.

• I never asked to rate mine because I think the same as you.

• some wants to know because of actual insecurities while others do it to fish for compliments

• evry1 can improve so its gud to hear comments

• Its all about who you are on the inside and who you are as a person that's all that should matter