Guys, are girls with acne unattractive?

For the 2-3 years I've had acne, at first it wasn't that bad, but now it's getting pretty bad at the point where I can't even look at my self in the mirror. I'm almost 16 and all my friends are in relationship, and I haven't had a boyfriend since my acne started to become severe. Everyday I spend about an hour applying a shit load of make up trying to cover it up, but it still shows. I know some guys are shallow, but I'm not saying that all guys are but is acne that big of a deal breaker.

17

Most Helpful Guy

• At 1st I want to tell you that don't touch your ache. You are in teenage and it is natural. I also had during my teenage and now my skin has completely recovered. ( Still I am in teenage.)
    Yeah ! ache makes unattractive but it depends where your ache exist. If you have ache in your cheeks and not in your nose or forehead , and in small range then it won't affect more to your beauty.
    Else it may. Don't be worry life is long , and you will get perfect boyfriend who will love you even if you get ache in your face.

What Guys Said 16

• Most people have acne at your age. I've struggled with acne for a long time, and it doesn't heavily affect you unless you allow it to.

Your confidence is probably what drvies guys away. you need to be somewhat confident to have a significant other.

• nah. Firstly, I'll say this--makeup can make it worse if you don't know how to treat your skin afterwards, and wearing a lot of makeup every day to cover it probably isn't helping.

Also--diet does NOT have anything to do with it. If you eat greasy food, that's fine, BUT what does make it worse is if you touch your face, especially with oil on it, so wash your hands after you eat such food.

Anyway, I've never thought it made someone so unattractive I wouldn't date them. people around that age without it or with a lot of makeup, though, that kind of steers me away. It's your body though, and if having acne show makes you feel uncomfortable, then wear the makeup. It's more important that you feel confident and happy, then that you have a boyfriend.

• stop applying makeup, it exacerbates the problem. Also, if you are on birth control stop it.
    Go see a dermatologist and they can prescribe medication for you.

To answer your question, at that age guys will find it unattractive - some of them. Unless you find the guy who doesn't care about appearance at all. However, most likely he won't care how he appears to others which can be a problem later in life.

Later in life, people will look past that before the initial contact and they won't judge you for it. However, you will be super self conscious about your appearance which may cause you more problems.

It's best to take care of your problem as soon as possible and not wait. AND NOT JUST TO GET A BOYFRIEND. rather for future social reasons.

• The make up makes it worse by clogging pores and irritating the skin.
    Do away with the make up and just use some blemish product and it should lessen or clear.
    Most guys realize that blemishes are part of the teen hormone stage, and will ignore it for the most part.
    There are some prescription medicines if the regular blemish stuff doesn't work well.
    Keep the cover to a minimum, your skin needs to breathe.

• It's not your fault.. there's nothing you can do to prevent it.
    Some guys won't care.. Some will. It will start to go in the next year or so..
    Soldier on through it girl. Once you emerge at the other side you'll feel amazing.
    I get spots, but thankfully not acne. It's just part of puberty; unfortunately.

• Yeah, i liked this one girl who had acne but she played up to me
    but that was all nothing came out of it kind of hurts ,

• Fix yourself.

You're 16.. you're supposed to have breakouts. Either use acne medication, fix your diet, or wear a lot of concealer like most girls your age do and wait it out. You've got to quit with this 'guys are shallow' crap, all that makes you sound like is a victim, and you're not a victim.

• Guys will make allowances for it.

• It's about your age, stop worrying about it. Plus, all that make up may have been contributing to your acne problem.

• It's not a deal breaker per se.. it depends on how bad it is.
    I don't mean to be mean but in your case, it might be.
    There's probably a ton of guys who aren't as shallow as me though, so it's okay.

• That depends on how much of it there is.

• God that sucks, I'm sorry to hear. I had back acne as a late teen, could never take off my clothes in public.

How do you feel about guys having face acne?

• It's can be bad...

• Acne is never attractive.

• not at all :)

• I've gotten sex from lots of girls, and I've never worried about their acne. I fucked one girl who was totally gorgeous but had acne, and she was so self conscious. She thought I was doing her a favor by even talking to her because of it, which was sad. I tried to reassure her and raise her self esteem, but she wouldn't have it. A stiff dick doesn't give a shit about some a few blemishes. Just keep in shape and you'll have no issues.