How can I look more attractive?

Okay, apparently I’m completely unattractive to most guys on here and don’t get me wrong, I’m not complaining or moaning about that - but I just don’t wanna settle with the fact that I will probably never be able to get a boyfriend just because of the way I look! I’m so sick of always being ‘the single one’ and I really wanna change to look more attractive but I don't know how..

My face (or simply look at my avi..)
How can I look more attractive?

My body (sorry I don't have any better ones atm)

I seriously need some advice & I'm really insecure enough so please no hate!
So is there anything I can do to look at least a little attractive (other than plastic surgery obviously) ?

Most Helpful Girl

• You are not at all unattractive, but you have a special look and you wear a very special fancy type of clothes. What character are you and how do you behave? I think you need the same type of guy as you are to get a hit. Other guys may be scrared by you because you look very self confident and special. So, lets say that the gay who wants you is more of the rarer type and it may take a little longer to meet him. Don't panic :-)

• Well, I'm really into visual arts and fashion wise I might be a little bit on the eccentric side hehe ^^;
      the only problem that I've encountered whenever trying to meet a guy who shared the same interests and thinks I'm pretty was that they were usually gay.. But maybe I just have to keep looking. :)

• Haha yeah, maybe intuition & thank you! :)

• thanks. and good luck :-)

What Guys Said 52

• You look extremely attractive right now, but knowing what men would think is attractive, is a different hair style, and more slutty clothes. I'm not like that obviously, but a lot of men are, and it's all because they want to get in their pants, but yes you look fantastic, and whoever doesn't think so, wouldn't deserve you.

• thank you a lot :) I hope that one day I'll meet someone who thinks like you in real life!

• First let me just say that you are actually very attractive. Perhaps you just need a few tweaks, to spice up or soften your looks. I think your clothes could use more color. They're too stark. Stay away from reds, patterns, and the whole button-down collared tops. You need to accentuate your feminine side a little more. I would also suggest plucking and shaping your eyebrows, as they're a little thick and are taking attention away from your beautiful eyes and lips.

• This guy also offers some good advice! He's a lot older and wiser than me.

• Yes, and even a Lilac pastel, or Lavendar, will work wonders. I'm sure of it. :)

• I actually have a nice dress in that color :) I'm going to wear it more from now on I think

• Oh come on, you look great. You're in modelling pictures, so deep down, some part of you must know it. You're like my ideal type.

• thank you but apparently most guys don't think so..

• Hopefully I'll find someone who does one day..

• most people don't appreciate quality, as I am alluding to.

• Yes you need to start by loving yourself if you don't love yourself how do you expect anyone else too love you?
    You also need to tell yourself that you're a strong beautiful woman twice a day. once when you wake up in the morning and once before going to bed.
    believe in yourself.

• Honestly, I don't like your hair too much. You're beautiful, pretty eyes, and you seem to have great skin, and for what I can see about your body in that picture (not very flattering though) it's still pretty good.
    You're a very attractive girl that with a different hair style will look better.

The reason you don't get a boyfriend is not because you're unattractive, that's for sure (don't listen to those who criticize you over the Internet, they're most likely trolling), the reason you don't get a boyfriend is your insecurity, and you're being insecure about nothing, cause your face is pretty enough to get a guy (you've got me hooked with that smile, not gonna lie xD).

• thank you a lot, so how could I change my hairstyle to improve?

• thank you!

• You're welcome :)

• I like your fashion sense thats a huge plus!!! you have style!
    you also have very beautiful eyes! and you look skinny
    I think you have a lot going for you, any insecurity you have is pretty much in your mind pretty lady :)

• 1st of all your not unattractive , you are actually very attractive you have your own style which is attractive and you have beautiful skin, wonderful blue eyes, very nice red hair , a pretty great body, be confident in you and your beauty. keep smiling beautiful

• You're a cute little thing already, you have a very unique look which suggests to me you have a unique personality too.

You need to project that more, give off an interesting vibe so that people would want to spend time with you and have fun together

• thank you, I will try this :)

• Yes unique personality. She kind of reminds me of Alice in Wonderland with some of her pictures haha

• I think the only change I would suggest is to do something different with your bangs. But I'm just a guy on the internet so you definitely shouldn't listen to me (hint hint).

• yeah, a lot of girls mentioned that too so maybe I'm gonna grow them a bit longer and see.)

• To be honest, I think you're very attractive as you are. Your skin, eyes, lips and body all look gorgeous to me. I'm suprised you don't have a queue of guys wanting to date you.

If I had to say anything positively critical, it would be:

1. Change your hairstyle. I don't really think it flatters you. I prefer girls with long hair though so maybe it's just me.
    2. Smile more! You'd look much better if you just smile more. Relax. :)

Why are you insecure about your looks anyway?

• Hmm well I've never been asked out by anyone in real life so I guess I must be just unattractive to guys, then on this site I often heard from guys that I'm below average and that they could find someone better around every corner and since that were the only comments about my looks I ever got from guys I just believed them.. @riverock

• I've never been asked out (though I know it's different for girls) but I've been told I look cute. I haven't been asked out because I'm really introverted and don't go out often. My point is that just because you haven't been asoed out, doesn't mean you're unattractive. You're still very young remember. For all you know, there have been a few guys who were seriously crushing on you but were afraid to ask you out. That is one of the reasons why it might help to relax and smile more. It would help you seem more approachable in my opinion. Though the girls might have better advice on that than me.

Wrt the other guys on this site, ignore them. There are plenty of idiots here so don't overthink crap they say. If you're below average and those guys could find better around 'every corner', I'd like to know where the hell they live! Presumably on a tropical island filled with models and porn stars they've dreamt up.

• Relax. You're not even close to being ugly. Never let what anyone else thinks of you determine how happy you are or how far you go. If you do, you will never be happy or find peace. Be you. Do you and let love find you.

• First of all. You are totally wrong about yourself. You are very attractive. And don't let anyone else tell you any different.

I have suggestions but another may think something completely different.
    1. When you smile you are more attractive.
    2. Believe that you are attractive and you will be more attractive
    3. A slightly different hairstyle.
    4. I like what you are wearing now but I have the feeling that elegant clothes are your thing. I picture something different than you have on now.

One more thing. The reason why you are single could be that guys are intimidated by your looks. They may think that you just snap your fingers and there will be 50 guys begging to go out with you.

• haha nobody ever wanted to go out with me actually..
      I like your first 2 tips and I think I will try to dress more formal when I go out and wait for the reactions - how could I change my hairstyle?

• I have seen so many beautiful women wanting a guy and thinking that sitting in a corner doing nothing is going to make him come to him. You really have to matter in your own hands.

I have approach anxiety so I know what you mean. Reality is that rejection for me is a lot higher than it is for you. I'm not sure why guys would send you away unless he is in a relationship.

Do you dare to look someone in the eye, keep eye contact and smile.

For a guy like me it is important to see that it is okay to approach the girl. And girls often send messages that are way too subtle for a guy to pick up on. Also once there is contact I know a lot of girls that act uninterested while they actually are interested.

What i am trying to say is let the guy clearly know you want him to approach you. And when he does let him know you enjoy his company. Everything else will fall into place.

• Thank you a lot, I will try to do this next time :)

• So who said you are unattractive? I'm not seeing it.

• people, mainly guys, on this website tell me all the time that I'm 'ugly', 'below average', 'a fake anyways' or that 'they could find a lot of better girls in any grocery store around the corner' - and honestly no guy in real life ever approached me or told me how they feel about me, so when I hear people online actually tell me that I'm ugly I'm going to believe them of course!

• I hope someone will think the way you do :) Thank you a lot!

• You are very welcome! And believe me there are tons of guys that think like I do.

• In my opinion, you have nothing that you need to change. You are gorgeous, and you shouldn't have to change who you are to try and find somebody. Someone will come along that will like you for who you are, and think that you are absolutely beautiful, you have nothing to worry about I promise

• I don't hate anyone, so don't worry. However, I think you are fine, what makes you insecure though?

• Well first of all, I have never been asked out (and I know I'm only 19) but literally ALL my friends have already gone through several relationships or are currently in one and they even keep commenting like 'why are you even still single' or 'I don't understand why you don't want a boyfriend' - while it's not really that I don't want one but more that I simply can't seem get one.. Guys just don't seem to think I'm attractive and before posting this all I kept hearing from majority of the guys on here was that I'm just average, or below average and that they could find someone better around any corner.

• Just makes me feel like I'm obviously always the ugly duckling nobody wants..

• A different hairstyle. You have an attractive face, I'm not fond of your hairstyle though.
    Remember, you can't please everyone.

• what kind of hairstyle would you prefer?

• it's fine you're probably not a hairdresser (I suppose?) 😅

• I'm definitely not :P

• You are already very attractive for me. Especially i loved your white skin. not only me. Most of turkish guys love (i am turk too) love blonde or white skinned girls and we don't like brunettes. i would love to have you as a girlfriend but unfortunately i am living in turkey and you are living in UK. it is too far for a relationship :((

• I think so too it's too bad,,

• No, I'm not really selfish, just an eccentric which is why people might perceive me as arrogant if they don't know me @msg812

• don't mind people who perceive you arrogant. being an eccentric person is cool cuz everyone don't have to be a normal. someones can be diferent than a normal person by the way i've read that aquarius people are intellectual, intelligent and have can think detailed. i have read your a few opinions and i liked your way of thinkings. i guess you are a typical aquarius ;)

• I think you look gorgeous as you are

• Do u even lift?

• only when I buy water or carry my dog around, if that counts lol

• You have a different look. Don't settle for what these simple-minded plebs want you to look like. You're attractive, but I think you'd look a lot better in a more natural picture. Not big on the modelling thing you've got going on.

• I'm sorry to say this but I think a lot of guys are actually very simple minded when it comes to looks on a girl though..

• And if you cater to their tastes, that's exactly what you'll attract.

• I don't know what kind of people you involve yourself with but you look very attractive as is.

• Well, I guess you already know that everyone will call you beautiful because you're beautiful, but is one of those that I always suspect that are not real people but someone pretending. Please, do not feel offended.
    Understand my comment that way, you're too beautiful to be real for me.

• Oh, so you think I'm phony or just a catfish?
      If the second is the case then take a look at this;
      www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1530868-am-i-real-can-t-believe-i-m-doing-this

• I'm really surprised about the reactions to this post actually, based on my previous experiences on this site..:O but is there anything I could do to improve?

• Damn you're real, you're beautiful. I wanted to try to help you try to improve, but you're really beautiful, I think your short hair blends perfectly with you, I like your clothes, your style, you're a model. :)

• You have a pretty face. Guys would flock you if you gained weight and got a better haircut.

• why gain weight tho?
      and how could I improve my hair?

• My job doesn't really allow me to gain this much weight but for the hair I've really made the decision to defo get rid of the bangs and if that looks shit I can still get them again - it actually is quite soft tho, as in healthy it just always ends up looking very frizzy because I usually straighten it - forget my hair in the second picture because it's air dried - it's also very voluminous and thick so I kind of doubt this hairstyle would look good on me since there are so many different layers but I could try something with similar bangs :)

• Yes, i would definitely try something like that with teh bangs. The "half-bangs" are extremely hot on girls! :)

• Grow your hair longer, lose the bangs, lose the nose ring, get clothes that compliment your body

• Actually you look very pretty to me, your hair style is the only thing I would change up a little, like do away with the bangs, have some waves in your hair, almost curly but keep it shoulder length

• okay, I'll try that - my hair is actually naturally kind of frizzy/curly

• You have such beautiful eyes too, don't know why anyone thinks you need fixing your looks , maybe older guys will be a better dating choice for you

• I actually prefer guys a little bit older than me like 25-30

• Lol, good one.

• But I already think you look pretty young miss. I can't think of anything I just wish I was taller than you haha

• I think the style of clothing in the last picture doesn't look that great though... why is one side not strapped on?

• awww man you should see some of the other girls on this website! Honestly you are in the upper half of girls on here in my opinion.
      Seee I like the way I look to myself but I know I'm not to the taste of a lot of girls out there so I try to find a compromise medium...

• but if I just settle with the fact that I'm not pretty or attractive for guys I will never find any.. I really wanna make an effort now and try to find someone

• Your body could definitely use some work. Try Stronglifts 5x5. But, seriously, your face--geese, jump in my bed now lol.

• I don't really wanna build muscles tho? :/

• but then why would I need to lift in the first place?

• Strenuous strength training/lifting gives women a sexy, fit appearance. It will build you muscle--but in the right places. You won't end up looking "bulky" like a guy simply due to your hormones.

• You need a new haircut that doesn't scream special needs child or 50s era. And wear some normal clothes. Definitely lose that nose ring too. Unless you'd like somebody to grab it and lead you aroundo with it.

• You need longer hair. The bob hairstyle doesn't work. Your face and eyes are beautiful, but the hair gets in the way. It also looks kind of tangles in some of your photos. Hair is everything to me.

• And how about even shorter hair?
      Growing my hair just takes ages and I've had long hair before, it was almost down to my waist (just had it chopped all off last summer) and I feel that this length suits me better, it might be about the hair style though..

• Shorter, no. It wouldn't look better shorter.

• Hmm okkk

• More from Guys
    22

What Girls Said 15

• I think you're cute as a button lol. Although I'd like to see you with different makeup looks. I think the classic look would be hot, or maybe a natural eye look with coral blush and a tinted chap stick. Your eyebrows aren't bad but I personally would advise for you to get them threaded (Threading is less painful and they do a better job than waxing) I'd also recommend finding a daily style with your hair. I wish I knew you because your hair is something i'd love to style. Maybe buy some products from fructis garneirs sleek and shine and straighten it thoroughly, I'd feel that would gve you the sexy edgy look also I'd think if you went and bought some rollers and curled your hair that way, You'd be simply beautiful. I like your style!! And I really wish my friends had a face like yours and your hair type. I'd love to work with it!! You hun, can pull off any look. I can copy and paste some video links if you need a tutorial on anything. But all in all I really do think you're just adorable

• Wow thank you so much ! I will definitely play around with my eye make-up more in the future and hopefully find the one that fits me best :) I also wanna try different hair styles but due to the length of my hair I always feel like I'm kind of limited especially in terms of up-dos..:/ Thank you anyways this was some really good advice!
      And I would totally let you just experiment with my hair if I'd know you! <3

• I've recently cut my hair about an inch shorter than yours. If you go to Sallys you can buy a pack of 500 bobby pins for about $3. BEST THING TO DO. That's the only way I can achieve any kind of updo. literally. I learned that from my fashion teacher ;) And no problem!!!

• Omg are you a model? You could totally be one.

Don't change anything!

• I am sometimes, but not like big in business lol.. I don't know why but guys never seem to like me :(

• Because they're idiots simple answer 😊

• You don't have to be attractive for guys, you can be attractive in your own way. You don't have to change yourself just because you want guys to see you as attractive. If those guys don't see as attractive then I don't know what's wrong with their eyes and their really not worth your time. You're beautiful, don't ever forget that :) <3

• Thank you :) but eventually wanting to be in a relationship I think that just being attractive in my own way isn't good enough anymore.. :/

• You just have to be patient, you'll eventually find a guy who thinks you're beautiful and loves you, for you. Just be positive and confident and enjoy the single life :)

• haha I really hope so, I just kinda start feeling like time is running out for me since all my friends my age already had multiple relationships and I'm like the only one that's left out in this ugly duckling sort of way..

• Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Here's the best tip anyone could give you. Believe that you are BEAUTIFUL and then you will be. :-) (In my opinion you are beautiful :-) )

• You are very pretty, honestly nice shaped face, cute nose, beautiful eyes, nice smile. From what I can see you have nice straight white teeth.

I have two suggestions, one I think you would look better with different hair. If you're going to have blunt bangs, you should have longer ones. I think you'd look stunning with a bit lighter hair, maybe even blonde.

Also I think your outfit is cute, however most guys don't understand trends like that and they would prefer if you wore girlier and tighter clothing

• You're beautiful! I don't know why the guys don't like the bangs because I think your hair cut is really cute and suits your look.

• I think you are already attractive!

• I think you are pretty hot I just think if you grew your bangs out a bit longer it would be even better

• Wtf, you're more than attractive.

• You are one of the most beautiful girls I've seen on gag and dont change anything about your look

• I think you're beautiful, but everyone has insecurities. If the guys you see aren't willing to like you, or take any chance with you then find someone who will. :)

• Photoshop.

• Grow out your bangs.

• Maybe a hair change?

• Why would you try to change yourself? You ARE attractive

• but guys in real life never talk to me, I've never been asked out and I know I'm only 19 but I see all my friends having boyfriends and being so happy in a relationship and then there's me.. always makes me feel like I'm the ugly duckling..