Girls, Is this body shape really considered "fat"?

Girls, Is this body shape really considered

I get called names at school... But mostly it's "fat" and I'm tired of it! I've been trying to lose weight, I'm not starving myself of course!! I'm just trying to excersise and eat healthy but would you guys really consider this body shape as "fat"? It's just a question that I need a honest opinion. And yeah... It's a insecurity of mine.

• No your not fat
    64% (47)
  • Other
    36% (26)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

29

Most Helpful Girl

• You're not in the healthiest shape, but you're not what I would consider fat. Perhaps cut a few carbs, eat more greens, get into some weight training and cardio, and you'll be on your way to looking healthier.

BTW: what is wrong with calling someone fat who IS actually fat? We call people tall when they are tall, short when they are short, skinny, when they are skinny, but the moment you call someone fat, who is fat, they get offended. If you're say 5'2 and you weigh 300 pounds... you... are... fat. That isn't a read, that isn't rude, that is the truth and unlike say height which you have no possible control over, your weight is not permanent and can change whether you workout or through surgical means.

• Okay yeah but it's still offensive. Let's say if you were or are stick skinny would you want to be called anorexic? No. That's basically body shaming... Even if they are fat I'm not just gonna point it out and go up and tell them that they're fat.

• Why is it offensive? Anorexic, in your example, is a medical classification for an eating disorder. That would in fact be offensive to someone who is just plain skinny, but we still call skinny people skinny and no one flips a lid. Why, because its a classification or a distinction in their body size from someone who is... average, or fat. Yes fat. So what then shall I call someone who is fat. Obese, extra large, medically over the recommended healthy weight for their height? Does not change the fact that they are still fat any more then classifying someone who is skinny, as skinny. The only reason people get offended is they can't handle the truth of their situation. If I ask you point blank if someone like my example, who is 5'2 and 300lbs is fat, no ones says, no they are skinny, why, because that's not true. They aren't average either.

• Okay...😂😂😐✌🏻️😬

What Girls Said 28

• Well, yes. That's fat. Yet, I don't understand why people call other people names in a condescending manner... But anyway, it's good that you're doing something to change that... It's also the portions of food that you eat and if you truly are eating healthy and exercising... you should drop that weight really fast, cause you're still young... If you were older, it would be harder...

(Don't let what others think or say about you affect you emotionally... be strong and achieve your goals!) :]!

• You're not fat.

Most of the women on this site are probably around the same body size.

Anyone who called you fat was just being mean, if they consider you fat then truly overweight people must have been disgusting to them. And that's their problem for being so cruel and shallow.

• Chubby. I certainly wouldn't call it skinny.
    Just being honest. It doesn't look bad, and you're not "fat" but you do have chub

• You have "a lot" of fat, but you aren't "fat" at all. You're about the average American but smaller. I say you're fine. Just do some ab workouts at night to build abdominal muscle to flatten it out so that it won't get bigger. Getting rid of belly fat can be hard after a while, but I do 100-300 ab reps once or twice a day just to try and maintain.

• You're not fat. You're not fit, but you're not fat. You're average.

• You're just not in shape...
    Work out if you feel like you aren't satisfied with your body. Or wear better fitting clothing.

• You aren't fat at all. Even if you had almost not fat, if you don't have a lot of muscle then your stomach isn't going to be flat or look skinny. I think if you just got a bit fitter you would be way more confident.
    I also notice a huge difference if i reduce bloating. If you eat high fibre, reduce salt intake and drink tons of water, you will look a lot skinnier without losing any fat. I suggest watching a few youtube videos on how to reduce bloating and follow that. Even if you don't think you're bloated, you'll notice a difference.

• No. You're not fat to me and I'm sorry that people are being stupid and calling you that way.

• you are not fat.
    you just need to lose some belly fat

• Telling her she's not fat, and then telling her she needs to lose some fat is kind of contradictory isn't it?

• Asker, I think if we both try to put in some more effort even though it's a pain in the ass we could reach our goals. That eating healthier bit is hard for me though since I like to bake sweets too much. xD

• Yeah, I agree. Personally, eating healthier is easy for me than excersising. But this last weekend I've been really bad and eating sweets but I still workout. Extremely hard tho... But I've been doing it.

• No Hun! You're not fat, if you were I would tell you, just for the fact I don't know you. But honestly :) just call them girls twigs haha :). But if you, yourself are not happy maybe a few sit ups per night would help. But don't do it for ANYONE else. Only if you're not happy

• A little chubby but I like chubby. You certainly aren't fat

• Kids are ridiculous. That's not fat at all. You basically just have a little extra meat on your body which is absolutely fine. It's good you are trying to lose weight, but no, of course you should not starve yourself. Losing weight is a process and takes time, but if you want to work on your belly area do crunches. I can't see the rest of your body, but it looks like you may be "apple" shaped.

• Not fat. Not exactly skinny but it's nothing to worry about. Just keep doing what you're doing and it will pay off eventually.

• Noooo! You're not fat! Eating healthy is fundamental if you wanna get slimmer around your stomach area. Do some abs exercises (or cardio too but ONLY if you want to lose weight on your whole body).

• Your average. Your definitely not fat you look fab. You could always just suck it in a little more and BOOM. Perfect. Thats whatni do and thats how my stomach looks.

Fab-Fabulous

• Thank you lol😂😂

• you're not fat but the tummy could be a little slimmer. then again we all have that issue. cardio should take care of it.

• Okay thank you, but what about eating healthy? I've been doing a little bit of workouts but mostly eating healthy. Do you think that would still help get rid of belly fat?

• Im not really sure about food because when i was losing weight i lost ALL of my appetite so i wasn't eating at all. It was not very healthy. Im assuming that healthy eating would help. I've heard that cutting back on carbs should help. Dont drink beer, soda, and energy drinks either. As for workout you dont really need to do sit ups and core stuff because you're trying to lose fat. I did a lot of running and it made me lose a lot of fat. core workouts won't help you lose fat. They'll make your core stronger but they dont help in terms of losing fat.

• Okay thanks

• Anyone an have a certain shape and weigh differently. A shape can't be fat. Based on your picture you have some fat in your midsection that does not make you fat overall.

• You're a little chubby. It looks like baby fat, nothing to worry about.

• Just kind of chubby. And chubby and fat aren't a bad thing it jut means your chubby or fat

• not fat, tiny bit of belly, just stay healthy:)

• You would be fat if it was all around and not just your stomach. I think this can be common among young girls. Just work out and eat healthy if that's what you truly want to do.

• You have a lot of fat on your mid section

• You look fine :) not fat but not necessarily fit if you know what I mean

• You are not fat, but just chubby. A lot of guys like hubby girls so you are fine

• You have fat, but you're not fat.

• It's very common to have extra "fat" or weight in your stomach area- I have the same thing. What you're doing with exercising and eating healthy is going to help with it :) I wouldn't worry about what other people say that much, even though it can be extremely difficult.

• It really disgusts me people at your school call you names. you are not overweight at all. you look perfectly healthy from that picture. I'm pre-med, i would know. especially since you say you're taking care of yourself.

• Your not fat or chubby whatever you want to do. Do it because you want to. You need to love yourself for who you are and know that all of us girls have diffrent body. Dont let anyone lower your self-esteem. ☺