Why do people keep thinking im older than my age?

like i dont get it ever since i strted h. s. , people been constantly thinking im older than my age & getting totally suprised when they find out im younger. For example when i was 17 people in my h. s. would often think im a teacher , & when people had to guess my age they would say anywhere frm 19-20 . Now that im 19 people say that i look 21 or 22. I dont get it even without makeup & when i dont dress up people say that i look older. Like what do they see? Cuz when i look in the mirror i think i look my age. any suggestions?

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe you simply have a more mature face for your age. Now what can be done about that? Probably some make-up trickery the girls would be better at advising you about. Hairstyles too. Formal hair makes you look older, girly (and especially longer) hairstyles makes you look younger.

Maybe you could buy some girly clothes too if you haven't already, if you're really that concerned about it.

What Guys Said 4

• Some people just have that look where they look a bit older than they actually are.

• I look young for my age haha

• Its tough to guess a girls age especially if she's hot and sexy like yourself

• Same here probably because i have lots of facial hair

What Girls Said 3

• You just have one if those faces or act mature. Or you're pretty developed.

• Maybe how you carry yourself you seem older. Take it as a compliment

• yeah, your face has that matureness that's all. actually it's prematureness but sometimes, it's mistaken. I think if you trim you eye brow thin and grow hair long, you could be fine.