Should I go for it or not?

My friends and family are encouraging me try out modeling. .. my aunt know a few modle agency's and she wants to take me...

but the thing is that I'm really scared of the rejection part or they might say something negative about my looks cause I already suffer from low self esteem as it is... or afraid of even going and thinking I had a chance then become extremely disappointed...

if you open my profile avatar pic its me... so pleasere just be honest... as for my body goes its 32b-28-2-38, height 5'2 and weight 109 lbs...

I know I asked for honest but please don't be rude or silly thank you...

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you're pretty. However, my understanding is for runway and clothing modeling, a woman has to be at least 5'9.
    You might be more successful doing beauty modeling. That involves face shots, usually used for hair salons, advertising, etc. Start creating your portfolio including different angles and lightning. Don't include glamour shots as they are considered fake looking. They want to see young, fresh and natural looking faces. You can use make up but don't go overboard. If you can do different hair dos, scenes and facial expressions. The average price for a start up portfolio is $1500-$2000. However the portfolio is what gets you in. You have to be confident when you're interviewed by the agency. Both combined will get you jobs. The final step is delivering. LISTEN to the photographer. That's your cardinal rule. When you are a new model you don't have a choice. Do what they say, always be nice to them even if they're @ssholes (which a lot are, diva syndrome Lol) . you're trying to prove yourself and deliver, not do what you want. If you become more successful then you can start developing your own style ;)

• That was good info thanks a lot 😊

What Guys Said 4

• You are an attractive girl. If modeling is something you want to do, go for it! I've helped a couple of girls who wanted to be models get into shape with weight training, and one has recently been featured in a magazine. Point being, it's possible. Just don't county on becoming a runway model, given that those types of women have very specific builds (very tall and very thin).

• Your beauty is there in the pic but height might be a problem - Models are really tall

• I managed to become thin to help my height...

• Go for it honey ! It seems like opportunity is knocking on your door. Go ahead and model. It sounds like you have a great body for it.

• Everything is fine, but your height is a problem. Also if you don't wanna do it and only doing it cause your family and friends are pushing you then don't do it at all. Many people don't realize it but modelling does require a lot of hard work.

What Girls Said 1

• Honestly hun, your height and measurements could be a problem depending on what type of modeling you want to do. Even in commercial modeling, anything below 5'5" is a real set-back.

I'm 5'7", 34-24.5-34, and signed with an agency. It's not easy!

• Yes I know about my height... damn those tall people lol...