Question about weight gain and working out?

So my doctor suggested that I put on a few pounds (like maybe 5) because my weight always flucatates between like 95-105 pounds, which is very slow. However, I work really hard to have a flat stomach (somewhat concaved though because I use to have an eating disorder). I am kind of nervous though. I am eating like 1,700 calories atm. Should I eat 2,000 calories? Im only 5'1 lol.
For exercise, I do about 30 minutes of pilates and 40 minutes of yoga daily. So I am definitely trying to stay fit, lean, flexible, and happy. I eat really well too. Like 5 fruits a day, 4 or 5 vegetables a day. Protein shakes almost everyday (with whey protein). I'll have apple and peanut butter, etc. But, the main reason I am posting is because I definitely do not want to lose the "flatness" of my stomach. Do you guys think Ill be okay? Thanks :)

Ps. I hope everyone is having a good day wherever they are in the world!!

Most Helpful Guy

• I would recommend checking out some books by Michael Matthew and reading through his series for women or men if you want to since that would help you gain muscle weight.

He really knows what he's talking about and is one of the few fitness guys I trust. I'd recommend the shredded chef and the thinner, leaner, stronger and or the bigger, leaner, stronger series.

Because of the bigger, leaner, stronger series I'm 145-150lbs pure muscle, with single digit body fat and I have a flat stomach. Though I've got much bigger goals in mind, that's just were I'm at now.

The books will have the answers you seek, you can even talk to him personally on Facebook or his website if you have any questions.

What Guys Said 6

• Your lifestyle sounds good and healthy - Only extra thing I would add is a few sit ups maybe ask your yoga teacher or gym instructor how many is appropriate for you.

• I do roll ups in yoga which is equivalent to a sit up but you go a little farther with it-idk if that makes sense lol! But thanks!

• I know what you are talking about - No need for sit ups then

• You could try adding some weight lifting exercises in your routine. This could make a potentially more extensive use of your protein income and make you gain more mass, but lean.

It takes some time but it is worthy. Keep it up! :)

• Yoga and Pilates is really gonna help you put on a lot of weight. Do high intensity weight training. This will help you put on weight while still keeping your body fat low, and it will make your body more attractive than stick thin. Me personally will always pick a girl that lifts and weighs 135 over a girl that's really skinny and weighs 105. Build up that booty. Don't put on fat put on muscle.

• Lol pilates leans out the body! should check it out if you want to refrence its faults correctly

• I'm not denying that, but it's not gonna build much muscle. Not as much as weight training

• forget about calories those don't make you fat
    it's sugar that makes you fat
    modern food has excessive amounts of sugar which are short term energy boosters that are put in reserve (fat)
    so in other words, nothing to worry about if you don't start chugging barrels of coke and kilo's of candy!
    this is taken from my personal experience (though it was losing weight :p)
    good luck!

• maybe u have fast metabolism and u cannot gain weight easily?

• To put on weight you must either build muscle or gain some fat. At your size neither is especially bad. If you continue with your current diet but many add in a few more carbs whilst maintaining your workout regimen I do not see it being a problem.

What Girls Said 1

• 1,700 calories for you height is fine. Also your stomach is not meant to be concaved not perfectly flat.