If I look bad in pictures but good in the mirror, which one is the real me?

I look goood I would even say model like in the mirror but in pics I look like garbage which one is real?

Most Helpful Guy

• This is a thing our brains do so don't worry. This has been studied before. You like how you look in the mirror because you are used to it. You hate your appearance in photos because you are not used to it at all. The mirror is the flipped/reverse version of what we really look like. You notice a huge difference because you are so used to seeing your face in the mirror. And you end up hating your photographs. Your photographs are the real you, however, do you notice a difference between your friends in the mirror and in person? Probably not. And if you did you'd probably feel that the mirror image looks worse. But they would disagree. Try this. Look at a lot of pictures of yourself more often, take pictures of yourself and look at them. I hated it at first too but I really got used to it. Now I actually like pictures of myself :)
    And don't worry, to other people you don't look near as bad in photos. :)

• Actually I know plenty of friends who looks extremely better in pictures than in real life... this is confusing

• that they dont look the same in pictures maybe and hopefully I'm being warped in the picture somehow and i look worse lol

• I alread explained. You're not being warped. That's how you look. You're just so used to and comfortable with your mirror version that you hate the photos. That's probably hard for you to grasp or understand but it has been scientifically proven that that is why people (not just you) hate pictures of themselves. That was kinda the point of my opinion. You're not necessarily uglier it's just you're not used to that image of yourself. Look it up if you want to find out more about it.

What Girls Said 4

• I thought I was the only one :P I'm praying mirror is real hahaha

• The mirror. 😊

• LOLOLOL that happens to me all the time XD Thats why i don;t take a lot of pics
    i think the mirror is real

• I feel this in my heart

• okay whatever that means

What Guys Said 5

• that's honestly how cameras seem to work lol

i'd say go with the mirror because a) people actually tend to notice flaws with themself a lot in the mirror, so thinking you look good means you do.

b) a camera relies on lighting and stuff but when people see you irl, they're seeing a lot more than what a camera is using, soooo

I don't know basically
    use the mirror and help boost your confidence because you looking in a mirror is in real-time, just like people seeing you on the street, whereas a camera isn't.

• I would say mirror because some people just don't photograph well

• This is a really good question... i have the exact same situation. In photos i sometimes look pretty bad but in the mirror i see nothing wrong with myself. I suppose in photos it depends on lighing and angle etc which could make you look worse than you really are

• I think mirror is true representation of you as you are looking through own eyes not a lens /pixels

• are you Karl pilkington?

• However one feels is what one projects to the world. "As you think, you shall become."-Bruce Lee