She's 13... Is she obese for her age?

She's 13...Is she obese for her age?

She's a really good friend of mine and she thinks she's really fat. I don't know how to convince her that she's not so big.

Most Helpful Girl

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Guys Said 25

• Obese? Hell no!!! Maybe slightly overweight, but definitely NOT obese.

• obesity is a bit more extreme than that. this is just chubby, but thats perfectly fine at that age because you're going to be growing a lot

• No, she's not obese.

• In 13, hormones are wild and it will get better, just donĀ“t eat junk food and have some movement every day.

• she's just a bit of fat not obese. but im sure if she wishes to lose some weight, she can :) i also think she should try this for her health. she's already a healthy person, but shecan be more healthy :)

• Definetely not obese, maybe a bit on the chubby side
    If she wants to change it, the time is now

• Research body mass index.

• I'll tell her to thank you

• Ok, but before she goes on a diet or exercise she needs to talk to a doctor.

• Ok I'll tell her that too. When she googled the body mass index she was at normal weight but she doesn't believe it. Thank you for your help.

• definitely not

• She is not that much over - A bit of exercise and diet and she would be fine

• A tad overweight maybe but certainly not obese.

• She's definitely fat.

• Definitely not obese, but she can lose a few if she choose to

• That's not even close to obese. I'd say losing under one stone of mass would be enough to give them a more athletic look. Use BMI to gain an understanding of where a person fits on the scale.

• Nope she is not!!!

• She looks to be close to the right build for someone her age.

• not obese.

• she;s sexy. Damn

• Yes... It looks so

• Needs jogging n diet care, after some days her ass will b sexy

• She would be defined as obese because her body fat content is way over what it should be for healthy body mass.

• Yea, she's fat. She probably could lose 25 lbs.

• She's not that fat. It's hard to judge from one picture (though I wouldn't show any others if I was you) but she does seem a little overweight but she is definitely not obese.

• Obese? no for sure. Over weight? yea... but she is also hitting puberty and may even out some!

• Not obese but she is overweight.

• hahaha yeah

What Girls Said 16

• She's a little on the chubby side, but it's not uncommon for girls this age. At 13, you're going through puberty, which means a lot of changes and growth for your body. Girls typically gain more fat, whereas boys typically gain more muscle. Girls will first gain fat as a layer over their whole body, then more around their breasts, hips, and thighs. This results in some girls appearing chubby for a time, but as they grow taller and the new weight distributes itself around her body, she will probably slim out a bit and look more curvy than chubby.

It's normal to feel kind of uncomfortable with your body as you go through puberty and your body changes, but I wouldn't worry about it too much. So long as she eats relatively healthy (like choosing fruits and vegetables over junk food for snacks) and stays active, it shouldn't be a problem.

• Definitely not OBESE.

• No. There's nothing wrong with her.

• Of course not! you live in USA! that's probably even considered skinny...

Are people really ignorant, or just pretend to be? I will never understand that delusional mentality...

That's the problem... instead of encouraging her to be healthy and lose weight, people prefer to lie to others to make them "feel" better, but in reality, you're making the problem that much worse. Yes, she's obese, and it's not to be mean, I hate all this sugar coating people do... for what? You're not actually helping the problem.

Why don't you instead invite her to ride a bike? to go hiking, swimming, running, play a sport, something fun! and encourage her to lead a more active life? and more importantly ask what her diet is, it's probably not healthy.

• Looks fine to me but I guess it really depends more on bmi or how your height is proportioned into your weight.

• I'm not sure if she's obese yet but she is overweight. Also it has nothing to do with age, purely height vs weight

• yes is on the chubby side..

• I wouldn't say obese, but her health may deteriorate as she gets older if she doesn't lead a healthy lifestyle.

• She is not obese for sure. It's important for her to eat healthy and exercise, though. In order for her body to be healthier.

• OBESE? this is why there is problems in the world, if you think she is obese. I think she looks healthy. *shakes her head at the world today*

• Obese, definitely not! Overweight, slightly but its nothing to worry about :) At 13 you're still a kid, you're just beginning to develop.

• Not obese just a little over weight.

• Definitely not obese just slightly overweight

• NOOOO WHAT THE HELL

• she cud do wit tonin lol

• She is not obese but she is overweighted a bit