Why do these way too skinny people think they're fat, obese people think they're curvy, and curvy people think they're obese or disturbingly skinny?

You're not fat you're too skinny/skinny:

You're not "curvy" you're obese:

And you're not obese or disturbingly skinny, you're fucking curvy:

Now lets all stop lying to ourselves and/or trying to get the bodies someone else has, and try to make the most of the bodies we do have, and accept we're not all perfect ok? If you have a body goal (even I have some because I'm worried about my cholesterol), or like the way you are no matter what your size is that's perfectly fine, but I'm so sick of these people (especially the girls on GaG) asking questions about their body and if they should do "this, that, and this" to it when it's fine the way it is. -3-

• I'm sick of it too.
  • I'm not too sick of it./I think it's fine.
  • Potatos.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think I am more concerned by it than anything. Our cultural iconography has given women unrealistic body images. Women never seem happy with the way they look.

This is especially a problem for vulnerable teens.

• It's not just teens either it's like it affects anyone under the age of 30. I notice that once a person hits 30 they're just like screw it and learn to be content with themselves.

• 5'1" and 129 lbs. is a long way from being overweight. You sound like you are at a healthy proportion.

• Overweight for my height is 133 lbs. You can look it up. o- o

What Guys Said 10

• Partly agree with you.

Sure those girls and guys asks something pretty obvious questions, to us, people they do not know so they expect objectives answers to their insecurities. After all, they more or less know what they look like and what's the word that fits them best, it's just that they are suffering from their iinsecurities so they look for some recomfort. Pretty ironic, isn't it?
    Looking for honest answers while expecting some white knights to comfort you, assure you again and again you're okay.

As a person who's been there, and today as a person who's finally out of it, I get your point, it seems ridiculous and we want to tell them just stop stressing yourself out, being the way you are now iis okay, but try to understand them (almost write us rolf) : they need this little help.

After all, we are all humans with our weakness and insecurities.

Have a great day

• I know about all the insecurities and what not, and I use to be like that until I realized I'm perfectly imperfect, and I'm fine with being flawed.

• But this is me, and unlike these other people most people compliment me on every other thing except for my looks. I learned to accept it without any help from others. The fact that they need so much help makes me wonder if they'll be able to become stronger or w/e on their own.

• What a parangon of generosity you are..!

Probably not, they will stay this way waiting for a special someone to reassure them, or at least thinking something of this order.
      They will try to learn to don't care anymore, time will pass and looks won't matter that much any longer.

Sad, lol.

• I'm sick of it too

• Majority of people don't think that they look good enough. And they often think the opposite of what they really are. Society screwing everything.

• I agree there is a degree of self delusion about what a person's body shape is on here as well as the world in general.

• I think it is not right what you say. I think EVERY fat person in the world should work hard to get normal figure (by which I mean the 3rd picture + maximally 10kg more). Why? Obesity KILLS, fat people have high risk of heart attack and they live shorter than people who are at normal weight. Also anorectics should add a few kilos. I understand if somebody is ill, but every other person in the world can do something with his/her body. In healthy body lives happy mind. :)

• Well, they could have that Body Identity Disorder hard to say?

• I agree with you on this.

• #3 is gorgeous very curvy and not too big breasted... just right

• PC society...

• Typical society bleh!!

What Girls Said 11

• PREACH! bloody hell. is it that hard to tell? -.-

• This question is dumb. While a lot of girls do these things for attention or to make themselves feel better, there are also those who are literally suffering from body dysmorphia and/or an eating disorder, so they can't help but seeing themselves as bigger than they actually are. In which case, it's completely pointless to tell them to "just stop". It's more complicated than that. It's like telling a person who's hallucinating to "just stop", or to tell a person with social anxiety to "just get out more and you'll get used to it". That's not how any of this works.

• This question isn't dumb, and if you think it's so dumb you could have just skipped it.

• No, I don't know if all of them suffer from a mental disorder/illness, but at least I know what it fucking feels like and I'm also aware of all the warning signs. A lot more people are suffering from it than you seem to think. EDNOS accounts for about 60% of eating disorder cases, and since most people tend to focus on anorexia/bulimia only because they're more defined and well known, a hell of a lot of people with EDNOS aren't even aware of the fact that they're sick.
      This is why finding a therapist that works well with you is important. It's very unlikely that the first therapist you talk to will be the one who you'll trust the most is a sensitive thing. And I don't know about where you're from, but where I'm from most schools and workplaces offer a free therapist/psychologist that you're allowed to talk to when you feel like it, so you don't even have to spend a lot (if any) money on it. And you're not helping because you're minimizing the problem by acting like it's something you can just

• brush off with some positivity.

• Everyone be trippin brah

• Its because the fashion industry feeds us with anorexic models that are called the standard, while they are just unhealthy slaves. And unfortunately a lot of uncertain teens take this as a standard. Same applies to the fat people, but here the nutrition industry plays the role of the bad guy. And if there are a lot of obese people around you, you will also start to find it normal.

• I'm noticing a lot less obese people that are doing the most. It's the too skinny/skinny people who I see have the most body issues.

• @asker: correct. The public actions against overweight start working (at least in my country)

• I don't complain about slightly over weight people more than I do morbidly obese people. Overweight can be like 2-5 lbs. over weight and that person can still be made of all muscle.

• Well that last one IS a little too skinny as well in my opinion. I'd say curvy is like 150~165 pounds for an average height girl, I sure knew I was curvy then 20 pounds ago lol (5'5")

• I just think she's build and her fat distributed in different area's, but the first one is most definitely too skinny.

• Definitely one of the things worth saving up for! Would rather ditch my smart phone right now just to get home for some gyoza or real kungpow chicken

• Oml yassss.

• People are fucking stupid.

• I'm so sick of that.

• shit i was lucky enough to blessed with an hourglass figure and i'm in my early 20's

• YOU CALL # 3 CURVY, OMG I MUST OBESE.

• I don't like that, like sometimes they say they're fat, around actual fat people...

• That's what I'm talking about and then they have the nerve to say "I need to drop 10 lbs. so I can weight 90 lbs." The only thing they'd drop if they did that is living.

• Or when you sit, they look down are like 'what the hell is this?'

• Shit, I know! ;A;

• Parenting, social pressure, self esteem and in some cases medical reasons. Everyone has their crosses to bear I don't judge, I'd prefer to understand and help.

• People need to learn not to give into peer pressure.

• They do, but unfortunately some girls have this image in their heads from a very young age and like an addiction it's very hard to stop that way of thinking on their own.

• When I was a little girl all I wanted to be was a fucking fairy mermaid princess (still do by the way xD). It's sad that now people have body image issues at a very young age.