I am black but people always think I am something else?

Ok, I don't get this too often, but I had a guy yesterday ask me if I was from India or Pakistan and I told him I was not. I told him that I am from Louisiana. I also get people who think that I am from East Indian but the southern part. I am going to post a photo and I'd like to know what do I look to you. I am full blown black.

http://postimg.org/image/4n92jnsh1/

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't find that surprising. I mean no offense and just a guess based on my observation but it could be a combination of your nose and complexion that would prompt some to wonder or ask. Maybe people that don't realize the many different looks blacks have. Maybe those who havnt been around vary many, or who's only exposure to blacks is the sterotypical media version.

If you had any of the mid eastern accents id probably guess that you were from somewhere in that region or your parents. And I just might ask.

What Guys Said 8

• No you look black to me

• You look black in my opinion

• I can see how people get confused due to the particular shade of your skin. Are your parents both black?

• Black as night, lol. What's wrong with my complexion?

• There isn't anything wrong with it. I was simply saying that the tone of your skin is similar to Indian etc. I wouldn't worry too much over what people say/think just know your a good looking girl and move on 😄

• You could pass for east Indian. You don't have the typical black features like wide nose and fuller lips. Very pretty either way

• You look black to me and your cute to just saying :)

• if you think i am cute, why is it that guy's rarely approach me

• I don't know ha I'd approach you if I could though :)

• You look black to me and cute too!!! ;-)

• thanks. :)

• We should chat some time!! ;-)

• You should message me :-)

• You do look Indian

• You do look like you're Indian, just darker

What Girls Said 3

• Ok I'm a Pakistani and I can tell you that you don't look Pakistani. At all.
    You look like a pretty black lady.. :)
    I wouldn't be confused.

• You look somalian or sudanese

• hahaha i call that kendrick lamar syndrome... he is fully black but looks a bit indian