Do guys really prefer an au natural girl when it comes to make-up or are they just saying that?

I have really dark under eye circles, a bit of a family trait on my mother's side and occasional acne so any time I go out in public I wear concealer and foundation at least and if I do more, unless I'm going to an event/wedding or something, I wear natural nude or skin toned make-up. Guys seem to always say they want a girl who's make up free or at least feels she doesn't need that stuff... but I feel like, I NEED that stuff. Since I started wearing make-up, I've probably gone out maybe 5 or so times without make-up or like a hat on, and every time dozens of co-workers or friends comment about how tired I look or have asked if I'm sick. It used to bother me, but I see myself in the mirror, and that's how I look without foundation on. With foundation on, I feel as though I look the way I feel. Staring at my natural face has even caused me to do some research on creams and things that might be able to lighten the area because I wish I could just go out into the world all free. I feel like these natural girls guys talk about have faces that do naturally look good without make-up... you know, no dark under eyes or heavy wrinkles or acne or any scars which is why they say that's the girl they want... its truly a specific girl and not ones like me. What's the deal?

Most Helpful Guy

• It is nice to find a woman that doesn't need makeup due to their natural beauty. However, it is very rare so there is no reason to feel bad about wearing makeup. I understand wanting to feel like guys find you attractive, but honestly it is your opinion of yourself that matters.

What Guys Said 6

• I think what guys are trying to say is they like light make up that doesn't look like any make up is on

• I think you hit the nail on the head. Across the board. Do what makes you feel good, and more confident :)

• Wear a little bit but not enough so it won't be easily noticeable.

• I hate makeup woman look better with out it

• No makeup is fine. I prefEr a little just to enhance

• I don't mind, it's a woman's choice. If my girlfriend suddenly stopped wearing makeup I wouldn't care.

What Girls Said 1

• They really do.

• they really do... what exactly?