People posting pictures of other people on here?

Am I the only one that gets annoyed when they see someone post a question like "Is my cousin pretty?" or "Who's prettier between my friend and I?" ? I always have to wonder if that person in the picture knows that this question even exists. Shouldn't you have someone's approval before you post a picture of them? ( I know that half of these people are actually the one in the picture or do have approval, but I'm talking about the ones who don't) What is the person posting the question gaining by allowing strangers to judge and possibly say cruel things to someone you most likely care about? You, yourself, know if you think they are pretty or not. If I care for that person, I wouldn't want them to be open to that kind of judgement. Haha sort of a rant, but I'm fustrated with these questions.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 10

• I have been wondering a lot about the consent issue on these pics myself lately. There are a lot I say that are close to the line of invasion of privacy.

• No, you make a good point. We tend to act before we think. We forget the Internet is outside of our social circle, and post things like that without thinking. I could care less if I'm out on the Internet or not, but I can see some people who would be truly offended by it.

• I hear you girl

• Well they pretty much post things without approval. Nobody likes to expose themselves over the top and here I can see the same thing as you mentioned. I think it's stupid too.

• Do you HAVE to actually open those posts, read them and look at the pics? You could just pass then by, right? Or are you being forced to endure the torture against your will?

• Do people really do this? I mean, that's quite disrespectful to post stuff about others without consent.

• I'm not annoyed by it, I just don't do it.

• You aren't alone xD

• Yes, indeed you should have someone's approval before posting a picture of them.

• They know they shouldn't be, yet they do it anyway, just cause it's a free site, and isn't taken seriously

What Girls Said 8

• yeah lol wtf?

• Yeah, no one should do that if they don't have that person's permission. But then again it's the internet and if you post a photo on Facebook or some other social network, a lot of people will be free to see it and download it if they want to, things like this will happen unfortunately. What is worse is that the people that are asking this kind of questions on here are usually friends/cousins with the person in the picture. They have a close relationship and still don't respect their privacy :/

• Just wait until they start taking your personal profile picture and asking people to rate it too because they're pissed that you refused to talk to them in private messages.

That's why I think they need to take the "how do I look" section off of this site, that and because it's just fucking stupid lol

• i feel you on this... its kinda rude to do this without their consent

• i dont have a problem with it.. but the one in the pic might..

• I know the feeling!!

• No, I don't really mind.

• i feel you girl.