What comes to mind when you see someone wearing shoes from payless?

I used to mostly rock Airwalks (half from their higher quality online store and half from payless) when I was in high school. I got made fun of by both males and females for wearing shoes from payless. I was wondering what goes through someones' mind when they see someone wearing discount shoes.

0|0
8|7

Most Helpful Girl

• I wear Payless shoes. I don't care. Shoes don't last that long anyways, so why waste like $60 when I can get the same or very similar shoes (and quality) for like $20, $15 or even $10 with all the coupons and sales they have lol

There was this comedian who said rich people or wanna be rich) brag about how much they spend. Poor people brag about how much they save lol

Rich person:
    "Giorgio Armani, $2,000".

Poor person:
    "This shirt? Kmart 2 for $5. These shoes? Payless. $10. These pants, I borrowed them and never gave them back wassup!"
    Lol

0|2
    0|0
    • That can also be in reverse too. Less well off people buying expensive items to feel better, and better off people buying less expensive items to save money.

• Yea. That's true.

I don't really care though. Shoes don't last that long anyways, what maybe a good 2 or 3 years? If that? Why bother spending so much?

What Girls Said 7

• I probably wouldn't even notice they're discount shoes. And anyway, I never had much money growing up and I still don't, so I'd probably wear discount shoes too :)

1|0
    0|0
  • Thats so stupid. I mean I people never complement my shoes but I never buy nice shoes. I don't see the point. I buy payless shoes and basically whatever is really plain and on sail. Idgaf how they look. Maybe because I come off with that attitude people leave it?
    I see nothing wrong with it though.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would assume they want to save money and that's about it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Uhm... If I like them, my first question would be how much do they cost and the second is do they come in my size

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't really pay attention to people's shoes. And I have plenty if shoes from there.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't notice it haha :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Literally I do not care how much your shoes cost. DONT PUT ENERGY INTO THAT SORT OF THING BOY

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 7

• Seriously I wouldn't have a clue where shoes are from whether top designer store or a bargain basement.

0|0
    0|0
  • A shoe is a shoe is a shoe, except for the person wearing them.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've worn Converse High Top Allstars my whole life, and I've always gotten them from Payless. As far as i know, nobody has noticed - as nobody has ever said anything to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • payless doesn't have thier own unique shoe line... how did they know? did u tell them or what it a random guess.

0|0
    0|0
  • That they paid less?

0|0
    0|0
  • I used to wear beat up sneakers to board room meetings where everybody was suited up. At the end of the day if you're a great person, they don't really give a shit.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think they paid too much

0|0
    0|0