Stretch marks & bathing suits?

Okay so I'm 17 and I weigh 175 pounds. I'm 5'5. I have stretch marks pretty bad on my love handles. I'm very self-conscious of my body when I wear a bathing suit. Usually I wear a tankini. My boyfriend wants to go swimming and I'd like to wear a bikini. Will he find me gross because my stretch marks?

Most Helpful Guy

• If he doesn't except you for who you are than he isn't worth your time to date him! I bet you look really cute. I bet I understand why u don't show a picture of your body, that's fine do what ever makes you feel comfortable!

What Guys Said 11

• Are you entitled to wear a bikini? Sure! But if you do, some people will judge your body, not just on the stretch marks, but also on your weight. Your boyfriend may overlook such things, but even he might get bothered by negative attention you may get. It is your decision. but in the long run, you should work on losing some of that weight, so that you can makes such decisions without worry.

• yes, lose 50 lb and he won't be grossed out. Unless he's into bigger girls if thats his thing, ask him

• can't really answer for a guy I don't know (he could be a shallow jerk for all I know), but a few stretchmarks arnt going to bother your average guy.

• Girl u are so going to scare himaway

• I don't think guys notice them that mucb

• If he does he doesn't love you. People need to take the bad with the good

• Yeah that's fine

• I doubt it'd bother him, they don't bother me. I have them on my arms and lower back from a growth spurt lol. I see plenty of people with stretch marks somewhere.

• He should be ok with it. He is your boyfriend and should be happy with who you are!

I am sure you look just fine.

• I dont think so

• You weight as much as me, but I'm 6 foot.

What Girls Said 6

• You know if you start putting Retin-A on the marks, they may diminish? It is a prescription product., You need to see a physician to get it

• Stretch marks are such a natural part of life, don't sweat it.

• Strech marks are normal though. He should be okay. Heck he'll be mesmerized because his main girl is owning it in a bikini!

• Nope. Most people have stretch marks!

• He shouldn't that's your boyfriend he she embrace the stretch marks
    Stretch marks= ALL NATURAL !! <<(beauty)

• You can't help that you have strechmarks. Your boyfreind should be accepting of that. You should wear whatever you feel most comfortable in.