Tips for abdomen area?

So, basically I'm 5'4, 5'5-ish, and roughly130 lbs. I would appreciate it if people could offer some advice on how to trim down on the stomach/waist ratio... I know I'm not overweight, based on my BMI, but I feel like I'm too round and I want to cut back. I know about eating nutritional food and balancing intake, but I'm specifically looking for good workout/exercises here. The first pic is without sucking in, the second one sucking in... but if I suck in that's all muscle right there honestly. I do ab workouts but they don't seem to have any affect, so any opinions? Also, do guys even like round girls or is that a turn off? And honestly people.. it takes a lot of my confidence to ask this, so please... no trolling or just pure negative feedback. Please.
Tips for abdomen area?

Most Helpful Guy

• Cardio combined with light weight training will help you slim down quicker than cardio alone. Also, working on your abs should always be second to working on your core as a whole. Too many people focus on their abs and completely neglect their lower back, hips and sides. So exercises such as squats and dead lifts should be part of every work out routine you are fallowing.

What Guys Said 6

• The reason why your ab workouts aren't showing results are because you don't do any cardio. When you do workouts like crunches, sit ups, etc. but don't do any cardio, all you're doing is pushing the fat outward. Your abdomen will definitely be stronger, but your abs won't show because the fat is still there. You'll just look bloated.

I suggest you start jogging and doing exercises like mountain climbers and jumping jacks in addition to what you're already doing.

• Thank you

• Wow! A green belt in less than a year? That's very impressive! Well at least it is to me, I've never done taekwondo so I don't know if that's normal or not lol but either way that's really cool :)

• Thanks lol :)

• Not bad there was girl on here saying yoga very good for stomach area

• I wouldn't work too hard and get muscles, just tone up a little. Go to a gym and ask a trainer for advice in the right to of exercise for what you wand to achieve

• Just workout?

• Sit ups. .

• I think abdominals are mostly just a dieting thing, you just have to eat at a caloric deficit and do about 30 minutes of cardio a certain number of times a week. Doing ab exercises aren't going to really do anything to trim it down.

What Girls Said 3