Are these signs that I might be pretty?

I've heard a lot about "how to know if you're pretty" and all, but I always feel confused about it. What if people are just nice? How can you tell if you just meet kind people, rather than attributing their behavior to your own looks?

I don't get hit on a lot, I think. It happens sometimes, when guys will chat me up, but not often. I'm almost always treated very nicely by guys (holding doors open, helping me carry things, occasionally giving me free food or drinks if I'm at a restaurant), but lots of girls are friendly too, so I feel like that's just a "kind human" thing. Aside from that, I'll have strangers compliment my clothes or my jewelry every once in a while, and I get in random conversations with strangers (but again, male and female alike) whenever I go somewhere by myself.

I do get hit on a lot at parties, but I mean... They're probably just drunk and looking to get laid, regardless of whether I'm pretty or not.

So based on that, do you think it sounds like I might be pretty, or is this just standard courtesy?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm sure a lot of people will find you pretty, those things are random and that old story that beauty is in the eyes of the beholder is true. Being hit and those things can be just a matter of luck.

• Do you know of any more reliable ways to tell if people think you're attractive, or is it something that can't be judged on a general level?

• Alright. Thanks for the help, then. :)

• The people who find you attractive will do what ever it takes to hang out with you, talk to you , and even flirt with you , after all they will find your true self attractive. After all the beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Just be yourself!

What Guys Said 9

• Do you really need validation? Sounds to me you know you're pretty but you just want to hear it more. Well in case you're actually wondering, consider this. Most people aren't nice like that to ugly people. No one is ever that nice to me or most other guys, and it's clearly because I'm not a pretty girl.

• I've just always thought that was how you're supposed to treat people, and I'm not sure where the line is between normal kindness and kindness prompted by looks. So not really seeking validation, just confused. I don't think I'm pretty, but my friends and family always say that's why people are nice. But they're friends and family, they're supposed to stretch the truth like that.

• Sounds like you were pretty

• You're pretty to some out thre.

• If you're really worried about it you can send me a picture of you and I'll tell you honestly if I think you're pretty or not

• Thanks for the offer, but that's okay. I don't really like sending photos. :)

• You might just be pretty!

• Well if people find u attractive, then those people have accepted you for you being yourself.

• Just message me a picture of you

• Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

• If they're talking to you they think you're attractive. THEY do

What Girls Said 3

• Lol guys aren't that nice to girls they don't want to have sex with.
    They may be nice but they don't go out of their way

• Is any of what I mentioned (other than being hit on) actually them going out of their way, though? Like they could just be polite/kind.

• Trust me guys aren't that nice. Maybe they might do something nice like f they've already walked through a door and just kind of prop it open for you. They only completely hold it open when they like you.
      Guys don't really just give out free stuff to be nice because they could get in trouble, and unless they get a relationship it's not really worth it enough.
      This isn't just me talking these are things guys have told me.

• how about you just post a picture with this question.. saves a lot of time..

• I'm not that comfortable posting pics, plus I think it would make more people lie or exaggerate just to be nice.

• I don't care for looks...