Is my nose ring a deal breaker?

so i (obviously) have a septum ring and I've posted a few things on here about unrelated things and 90% of the comments are about how horrible my nose ring is, I've had it years and sometimes forget its even there, so my question is if you saw me on the street at a party in class or whatever would it put you off approaching me, talking to me or anything similar ( not necessarily in a romantic context but socially in general)
is my nose ring a deal breaker?

• yes, it would stop me approaching you
  • no, it would not stop me from approaching you

Most Helpful Guy

• No, not at all. At least, not for me. It may be a deal-breaker for extreme conservatives though. And there will be some people that just don't like it for whatever reason. But generally people that are open minded and looking for people that have a lot of outward expression will be fine with it.

Some people will WANT partners that rock the boat a little. Some people will not want that. Some of the more 'extreme' piercings, or more prominent tattoo placements, will advertise which side of the 'boat rocking' camp you fall into, and it will affect your attractiveness to those on the other side of the camp. But they are probably people you would not get along with very well anyway. You will attract people that accept and support your choices, and be happier for it.

• you just took the answer you wanted to hear.

• @sdistotallyme well it is MY question and I'm obviously going to pick an opinion I agree with bc you know thats the whole fuckin point maybe.

• @sdistotallyme Or, you know, because it's the most accurate. It's obviously not a deal-breaker for everyone, there are people all over the world with nose rings that have partners, so those people obviously found partners that didn't have it as a deal breaker. My answer was providing context and not just 'yes' or 'no', because that's arbitrary.

I am curious, which opinion out of those provided here do you think should have been the 'most helpful'?

What Guys Said 23

• It's not something I pay attention to, honestly. It would definitely not be a deal-breaker.

• It would make you stand out from crowd, I would think I bet she is interesting

• It would stop me from talking to you in a flirty romantic way
    But I would still be willing to be friendly and kind
    Piercings just really bother me lol!

• I would talk to you like anyone else, my close friends also has a nose ring, I sometimes forgot, got so use to it

• disgusting. i could never date a girl with a nose ring. its probably the only real deal breaker i have.

• It would entice me to approach you a little more.

• yes I don't like it but if you like it just keep it!

• can't see anything wrong with it, i know a few women with the same and they are hot, tattoos and piercings wouldn't bother me at all, i am part of the bdsm lifestyle so i have seen and spoken with people who have far more on their skin, and under it

• To me it is. I dont like piercing cuz it resembles bad gurls. there's no need to decorate dat perrty face. Its better as it is alrdy.

• No, I think they can look quite cute. They can also look like snot. It's a fine line. I would generally say don't overdo it. More discreet looks better.

But yeah, just show some cleavage and they won't even see your nose ring.

• Metal boogers

• Yeah it's a deal breaker for me.

• Yeah I don't like nose rings so you wouldn't be my type.

• in my opinion i think u look better without the nose ring. because u look really really good without that for me it was close of a 10 xD

but that is my opinion.. i would not appoach u because im shy not because the ring on your nose

• maybe if I was 18 , no, but now that I'm older, I would say yes.

• Shows poor choice, looks like snot running out of your nose. Would avoid.

• I actually like septums and nose rings. However, in a professional setting, I would hide it. I do the same with my piercings.

• that looks awful

• Im not really into that but I don't know watever.

• plase stop plase :( :(

• U are pretty

• yes, it would stop me approaching you a deal breaker for sure

• I'll just ask you not to wear it around my parents.

What Girls Said 11

• I don't mind piercings on others at all but I used to wear a septum piercing myself (just recently stopped wearing it because I got my nose pierced) and now even with my nose piercing I still get judged and told to remove it because I'd "look way prettier without that stupid nose ring" but I've learned not to care that much since I've always found staying true to myself more important than pleasing others! :)
    I think you have a really pretty face and I personally think that anyone who believes that a little piece of metal in it just automatically makes you ugly and judges you for it is an idiot!

• i understand every person has their own style and fashion, but honestly, if you're trying to look "pretty" your piercings are not doing you any favors. you have a nice face and your piercings are taking away from your nice features and drawing all attention to it. But again, it's all a matter of what's important to you. if piercings are more impotrant statement then just looking "pretty" by all means, don't change, but if you want my opinion of how you can look the most attractive, i'd get rid of all your piercings and let your natural features shine.

• you can't just classify pretty as your definition of pretty though, first of all my piercings aren't a statement if anything they are an accessory the same way lobe piercings aren't a statement. also being pretty isn't my number one priority and you're making out it should be

• if you literally couldn't hold a conversation with me because of a small metal loop in my nose then you're probably not someone worth talking to, you wouldn't say that about someone with scarring on their face so why is it different if i have piercing

• you literally asked for opinions, we're taking the time in trying to help and give opinions that you seeked. yet you are being unappreciative and even antagonistic. Sorry i took the time, i'll know better if I see your topics pop up nest time...

• Personally I'd gladly approach you :). I personally like piercings quite a lot, but a septum piercing is quite 'there' and looks like quite a statement. I think it's cool, but can understand why people would be put off by it. Just wear it if you like it though, generally speaking those people might be the ones you don't want to talk to anyways.

• It would not stop me from approaching you. I do not have any piercings myself, but have plenty of friends who do. I never think anything of it.

• I've got one but mine's in my nostril not my septum :) I'm completely not judgmental so it wouldn't stop me talking to you!
    Oh I remember you, you asked something about your nose and I did say i thought your piercing drew attention to it. It's not horrible though

• No, it matches you style.
    You seem edgy or gothic a little.

• I don't like any sort of piercings except ear lobes for ear studs or rings. Just my personal opinion.

What matters is how you see yourself. If you are happy with it then keep it.

I voted A.

• I don't normally find that type of piercing attractive, but for some reason I like it on you! I don't think it would make you any less or more approachable.

• it wouldn't stop me being friends with someone but personally I think any node perching is ugly

• I don't mind nose piercings but not a fan of the ring one.

• you are very hot but it's intimidating like a serial killer hot