Does anyone else with brown eyes notice they sometimes appear different colors?

I have brown eyes, and there's a chance most of you do too. Anyways, contrary to what my profile pic would show you, they're actually lighter, but still a solid shade of brown. Like this:
Does anyone else with brown eyes notice they sometimes appear different colors?
HOWEVER, sometimes they appear to be a very dark, almost black brown. Sometimes they look brown but with a noticeable dark green tint to it. It's usually when I look in a mirror. Is it just me, or are these weird color changes a real thing?

Also, why do I seem to attract women with lighter eye colors more often? Most of the girls that have been attracted to me or dated me had blue eyes, most were brunette but some blonde. Is there a reason behind this? Do lighter eyes attract darker ones and vise versa?

1|0
11|5

Most Helpful Girl

• Mine stay the same shade of dark brown lol.
    I get attention on then because they're big and "deep" whatever that means lol
    I don't know about the attraction thing. Probably just chance.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 10

• I don't have brown eyes, but my eyes change color all the time too - grey, green, blue.
    And, yeah, I can't speak for all the girls but I personally am a TINY bit more attracted to guys with darker features.

0|0
    0|0
  • As for the eye color change: yes I have noticed as well, but others will happen to them, it can be blue or green, etc...
    As for the next question I'm not really sure, but I love guys with blue eyes but I will date someone with brown, green, hazel eyes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes! My eyes change colors a lot too. They can be all different shades of brown. It's really cool. I don't know about the attraction thing, though. I attract all different types of eye colors.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I've noticed mine change its color as well lol! Sometimes it's chocolate brown sometimes darker, sometimes lighter.

Light eyes attracting darker ones and vice versa might be a thing too. Guys who have been attracted to me had lighter eye color.

0|0
    0|0
  • Mine is dark brown but at times, like went I look in the mirror it is just brown. In sunlight , it's a honey color. I, m black if that helps. Also I do like blue orgreen eyes but I like it because it is different from mine so yes opposite attracts.. But don't get me wrong, I love brown eyes on a guy too.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have blue eyes but they change from grey to a deeper blue, to a paler blue, to green, to hazelish lol

0|0
    0|0
  • My eyes are dark brown and they sometimes get pitch black and sometimes a bit purplish :/

0|0
    0|0
  • Let's just say opposite do attract

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I can relate. I have deep brown eyes that change into dark grey or night blue.

0|0
    0|0
  • I know exactly what you mean! Mine change from light brown to a slightly hazel color. I'm not sure what's up with the lighter eyes attraction. I happen to be more attracted to guys with blue eyes for some reason though.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• I think its all coincidence.

0|0
    0|0
  • My eyes somtimes changes colors

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I have noticed that too.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah it's true I notice it sometimes

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it depends on the lighting of the room.

0|0
    0|0