Do you think acne makes people ugly?

I know a lot of people try to hide their acne thinking that it makes them look ugly and everything. Honestly does it really effect your looks that much? I don't think it does but it could depend on how much achne you have. Still I don't trully think it does. As a teenager for me I never had zits or anything face issues. Now that i'm 23 now. About last year I started having acne problems. I think it might have started due to working out and sweating more. Still even with it I don't think it makes me look ugly at all. Just saw a question today with a video. Which It got taken down because I guess it's due to the question title sounding rude. I'll repost the video since it does go with what I'm asking.

• yes it does
  • no clue
  • It doesn't

Most Helpful Guy

• Im sure most people will say ''Oh no you will look beautiful'' blah blah blah. But they're lying.
    Generally by most, Acne is considered a big flaw and offputting, Obviously the severity of it will effect greatly. If peoples faces are littleraly fully covered with big acne, Then yeah, That's very bad, If its just some patches of acne like that girl in the video, Then its okay.

What Guys Said 11

• No acne doesn't make anyone ugly and i do mean any girl or guy
    i know a girl who had bad acne and she dumped me to go
    with this other guy who ended up in trouble and this girl really
    had a bad case of acne and she had a learning disability but
    none of that stuff mattered to me she meant the most to me
    but sadly she ended up going with this other guy and he got
    in trouble and arrested to this day carry's a criminal history.

• Acne doesn't make them unattractive because that's based on biological features, but it can make someone look unappealing if it's severe.

• Acne is a natural thing you have to make allowances for it

• In short, no it doesn't. Personally, I have severe acne problems on my face and my back. I think maybe it's because I have very dark skin that people only really notice my acne if I am up close to them.

• it makes people look unhealthy. being unhealthy is not prefered by people if they look for a partner. it´s a primal instinct.

• Are you asking this or telling this.
    Sure acne really are really bad.
    I don't have them on the face but there are some acne scars on my shoulder region.

• It makes people look diseased and unhealthy.

Inflammation of the skin, puss, bumps, it's gross (to me). I used to have acne problems, too, so this is coming from someone who knows what it's like to have it.

• I mean a few zits are no problem
    It happens and they go away so I don't care so much about it

• Acne makes people look less attractive for sure.

• Yes, it does.

• Depends on how severe it is. So it can. But very few people get severe acne. There are many products that are said to help with acne. A person can gve them a try if it hurts emotionally.

What Girls Said 8

• It's not too bad. But society makes it wrong to have a bit of skin problems and other things such as being very short, having a slighter nose than the usual button nose, flat chestedness, afro hair, chinese slanted eyes or people with bad teeth. It's not as bad as Cassandra bank's face.

• Even the most perfect looking person can have something wrong with them internally.

• As a person who struggles with acne I don't think it makes you less attractive but I do think others see you as less attractive.
    I know acne isn't attractive I know no guys are looking for girls with acne. I get it. But I can still see people with acne and look past it and determine that they're pretty underneath it. They still have attractive features they just haw sow thing covering it.
    I know this because of people like Cassandra bankson
    i.huffpost.com/.../slide_229152_1029504_free.jpg

cdn.inquisitr.com/.../...641425-e1347489823249.jpg
    She has severe acne yet is a professional model.

• Yeah I think so. Painfully to say that it does makes a person less attractive. I've got a little bit of acne myself (a lot less than the girl in the video though) and I've heard a lot of things about it. People somehow expect you to have a flawless skin, because modern medicine etc can solve a lot of skin problems, but not all of them.
    Acne makes a lot of people insecure, but I don't think people will ever really accept it.

• No not really

• It usually goes away.
    This was a pretty powerful video, thanks for sharing.

• it does make people look less attractive in a way

• It depends on how much acne the guy has.

• Acne can make someone less attractive depending on how severe it is. I've had pretty good skin most of my life. However, I had really low self esteem so wenever I got a pimple I panicked and picked at it. I wanted it off my face cause I felt so ugly. So now I have a ton of dark spots and scars on my face. So then I started wearing makeup to cover it.