Does the way a person looks and dresses really matter that much?

I don't think people ever treat me differently depending on what I wear. I'm not the best or worst dresser but when I look disheveled no one treat me differently than when I'm in high heals. As a matter of fact male strangers I pass by don't pay any attenrion to me at all 99% of the time as well and main stream people at schook including girls don't seem fond of me. They silently dismiss me. It's like they think that they are better then me. Why do people seem to act like they don't really want me there? I think I'm pretty so I don't know what it is. I mean I don't get any attentiom from guy friends either but I am told by a guy friend not interested in me that I am a 7 1/2 and that's the rating I got all my life. Except for on hot or not where no one seems to rate me highly. But even if they just don't find me attractive why do girls dismiss me? I look like my picture by the way.

Most Helpful Guy

• Nah. You like who you like, and you have to be able to like them no matter what. Behind the curtain in the dressing room, with no makeup or costume on, just as well as on stage. The present is more important than what it's wrapped in.

What Guys Said 7

• I think that is a common phenomeon

• yes it does. the way you dress says a lot about who you are as a person. dress sloppy and you look lazy and like you dont care. dress nice and you look put together and nice.

• Yes it does; Are you upset that women aren't foaming at the mouth over your looks and that men aren't drooling and falling over every step you take or summat?

• Oh no I'm not upset about that. I'm trying to figure out if I'm just not good enough for most people by first impression. Some people are open minded but I don't attract anyone main stream. I find it odd.

• Cheers, love. Whenever you accomplish your goal update me.

• Thank you. I will it might take me a few months to reach my weight loss goals but I might buy clothes at some point before it's been fully reached. I will update you. :)

• Well yeah, looks are a huge thing but they are not everything, at least in my prespictive.

• you are in marketing. so you must know packaging is very important in the sales of the product. same way in the world of human if you want to market your self to another gender you must have attractive clothing.

• for first impressions it is. after that its not such a big deal

• Is there anything I can do all the time to make a good impression on most people?

• nothing worse than going to a bar with a girl, who comes in tennis shoes and jeans lol

• Ok. :) I will remember that. Thank you.

• forget about him

What Girls Said 2

• Looks and attire does matter. When ever I wear skirts or even tight fitted pants. Guys do pay attention. I was at the movies one day and I had a skirt and a shirt on with 4 inch white wedges on and there was this one really cute guy that kept looking at me. It was really funny. I think guys like heels. Also have a unique but not tacky style. I sometimes wear my indoor soccer shoes with skirts or dresses. And that tells someone a bit of my interests.

• I put on high heels, I get attention. Dudes/ girls stare more at me often. But even though people say I'm cute/ pretty all the time i still don't have a ton of folks trying to sit with me at lunch. :p