Friends and family tell me I was "too pretty" for my ex boyfriend but they also hated him and are biased so what do you think?

I know looks aren't everything. I cared about him a lot and I personally thought he was attractive (I still do). But everyone seems to disagree but they're also biased because they love me and hate him lol so what do you think?

http://wine--stained--dress.tumblr.com/post/107860736049/classy-med-school-weekends-winterball-latergram#notes

Most Helpful Guy

• If friends and family weren't much attracted by his appearance, they should not be his gf/bfs. It was about you and him, wasn't it?

I think you both are quite on the "same level" with you being a little higher in this, but were he ugly as hell and you like a goddess, still the couple could work and be happy because it is much more a question of chemistry together than matching aesthetics.

Keep in mind that if they hated your ex-bf, their opinions would really be biased, but why did they hate him? Were there valid reasons for this?

• yea they didn't like the way he treated me. they said from the beginning I was prettier but they didn't make a big deal of it until after we broke up

• I see. Well, if he treated you badly they were just protecting you, I suppose. And about this, imho, the guy could be a 10+ hollywood celebrity in his looks, but treating a woman badly would make him worth of just having a big red kick out mark on his bum, imho.

The big deal your people is making it now is in order to both comfort you and prevent you for wanting him back.

What Guys Said 18

• I think they are completely biased Your looks aren't so important in a relationship, and I really doubt he was less attractive anyway.

Don't believe them.. just analyze WHY they hated him. Did he mistreat you in some way? Just because they're biased, doesn't mean he didn't have faults!

• Let me put it like this you guys are both attractive, but you guys just don't look like a cute couple.

• So just because they don't look cute together doesn't mean they have to breakup... Because of that...
      That's so shallow

• I'm sorry if I implied that, I agree with you, certainly, but there was a question and I was answering.
      But if you have feelings for someone no one else's opinions should ever matter.. Especially if it's oppinions based on looks.
      @singlebee that said I thought she was broken up with him for other reasons and is now currently seeking validation.

• I don't see why any of this matters. The priority is if you and him want to be together. Since you two don't want to be, because he is your ex, there isn't anything going on at the moment. Personally, I would leave him be and don't hurt him or be mean to him. Even if he is not nice to you, bashing each other is no way to honor the old feelings you had for each other. I'm sure deep down, in some way, you wish each other well. Hurting people sucks, is that I am saying. I don't think your peers are right or decent people to be trying to hurt him like that.

I'm sure there is some reason you two aren't together. Maybe it was an argument or complaint from one side. But I would focus on you and him, since this is between you and him, and ignore your peers. Yeah, you two are not meant for each other. Doesn't mean you have to demolish your feelings by beginning to hate on him.

Of course, you can just ignore me.

• it only matters what you think/want.

• I think he looks quite handsome

• You guys looked really happy there :D
    Hard to say for me if he was "pretty", I leave that to the girls... but he looks like a well taken care of guy.

• Sorry to say this but if bjs looks is the reason why you broke up or your family made you break up with him then your family seems quite shallow...

If being not so good looking was not the reason why you broke up or your family or friends didn't make you breakup with him because of his looks then they are just supporting you cause they love you...

Well ya looks are not everything... And NO OFFENSE!! you are not the best looking either!

• *if looks are...

• well I know by most people's standards im pretty attractive but I'm sure some people would agree with you. and no that's not the reason we broke up at all.

• OK then in that case your family is just comforting you!! 😊

• I hate it when people say that. I sure hope their opinion didn't influence your decision to break up?

• the confidence is high with this one. Did you ask for his permission for referencing the picture btw?

I think others opinions shouldn't matter if you liked him, and if you guys broke up over looks then damn.

• Maybe your family and friends see some red flags that you don't see. They are saying you deserve better.

• I think you are way hotter than he is, but that didn't matter. What matters is what you like, if he's handsome and attractive to you then that's what he is and no one else's opinion matters.

I want so badly to say ditch him and be with me, but I also love love and it's clear you love him

• i think they are telling you the truth, listen to your family!

• if u wanna make it work, i say u go for it. Talk with your family let them knw if u were happy or not and if they really love you they will understand

• That's a pretty shallow thing to say.

• What do you care what your friends think?

• he was punching above his weight

• Yeah he's ugly for sure. You could do better

• You have a amazing smile

What Girls Said 6

• He's not like really ugly but you're better looking than him. But that's not the most important thing in dating, plus there are plenty of couples where the girl is better looking.

• Well he's not bad looking, but guessing u were seeing him mostly through love's goggles. Which is completely fine by the way.

• I think you were an aesthetically pleasing couple lol however, there has to be a reason that they hated him so much

• I don't know about his personality and dont like judging people by their looks but if you want an honest opinion on looks id say you're way out of his league.

• Omg i dont want to be misunderstood, so sorry i typed wrong :( what i was trying to say was you're waaay better than him and you can find better guys

• No one is too pretty/handsome for anyone else. Sounds like they thought he was ugly in more ways than one.

• Nobody really answered your question. Yes you are far more attractive than him, case dismissed.