Girls, why are there dark hairs around my aerola?

I've had dark hairs on my breasts for a while now, but lately I've been getting more and more of them and I'm too embarrassed to ask anyone for help. Should I go to a doctor, is it serious? Could this be cancer or something? Or can I cure it at home? HELP!
I don't want anyone to find out I have hairy boobs :(

9

Most Helpful Girl

• Do NOT shave it. People always shave everything and it grows back stiff. If anything, tweeting is probably your best bet. This is actually perfectly natural as we have body hair nearly everywhere bur it's usually not able to be seen, it's just a difference in hair texture. It's just how your body works. It's not cancer.

What Girls Said 8

• It's actually pretty normal to have some hair around your nipple. Usually there isn't very much if there's any, and it's generally quite light, but it will obviously change depending on the person. If it bothers you, you could try shaving or plucking the hair? You can always go speak to a doctor about it and ask if there's any way you could be put on some kind of hormone treatment - though I really doubt that that's necessary.

• It's quite normal but excessive growth of darker hairs can indicate a hormone imbalance. Be sure to visit the doctor and have your levels checked! Also, shaving is fine, ladies, nothing grows back thicker but for hairs there, tweezing would be better.

• It's normal, random hairs around nipples are natural...

However, if it's a LOT and "thick" black hairs, then you need to get checked.
    I think some people develop something that causes thick black hairs to grow where they are not supposed to, which could mean that you cannot have babies... but I forget what it's called, and you probably don't have that, but it's better to go check if they are thick black and in abundance.

• It's normal, I'm very European, so I have hair like, everywhere. I just pluck mine out (it doesn't hurt I promise)

• I've never had it but i'm kinda hairless anyway, i'm sure its not cancer lol! its just hormones probably. are you a naturally hairy girl?

• I have light hair everywhere (pretty much) that's why it's scary

• you have light pubic hair but dark hair on your aereolas? that is a bit odd... but not scary

• It's just hormones usually a lot of women have nipple hair. Just shave them.

• it's normal i think dw about it

• It's normal to have hair on your breasts. Just shave it :)