Are overweight girls automatically less attractive, or is that not so?

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on your opinion of overweight, and it depends on your thoughts of yourself. According to the American Dietetics Association - if you are a 5'5" female (about average height in these times...) and you weigh over 125#, then you are overweight. If you are a 5'11" male and weigh over 166# then you are overweight. Since this is my profession - I can honestly tell you that, except for cancer, HIV, etc... patients...90% of the people I meet are "overweight". The media, MTV, youtube, and the government all want to tell us what we should be like. The simple truth of that is - 0.05% of the population fits into their category of "beautiful". Like I said - this is my profession. I work out 3 times a week strictly for myself, and a couple more times a week with my son. I eat healthy (with a few indulgences for high protein red fatty meats:) and am in decent to good shape. I am 6' and 200 #, but according to the literature - I am overweight. So... how do you FEEL about yourself WITHOUT listening to what the tv says you should be?

What Guys Said 21

• For many people, yes. For others, no.

But being overweight definitely reduces the pool of people who will find you attractive, no doubt about it. We aren't talking about 5-10 pounds overweight, we're talking about 30+ pounds overweight.

I'm a fat guy, so I'm not being the least condescending about this - it definitely affects me too. But I have no illusions about the truth - I'd be more attractive to more people if I wasn't overweight - it's that simple. Having said that, I don't let my weight stop me from doing what I want to do, and I make no excuses for it. I'm the one who puts the food in my mouth and I'm the one who chooses how much exercise I get - my weight is my responsibility and I'm the only one who can change it. I simply haven't made it a priority.

• Automatically less attractive? Depends on what you mean by overweight.

This girl?
    i1.mirror.co.uk/.../...-teenager-Georgia-Davis.jpg

Overweight, and automatically less attractive.

If you're talking more like plus sizes,

http://data1.whicdn.com/images/106455045/large.png

This girl, of instance, is what some people will think is overweight and I'd date her over almost any model.

• How she acts is far more important than how she looks.

• Yes and no, I mean for me it kind of lowers attraction a little bit because I am like a health nut and seek to train to become healthy, strong, big and fit.

• Some dude's like bigger girls.

I personally care more about what your face looks like than your body as long as you aren't morbidly obese.

I don't really actively chase any body type though.

• sorry if i step on some peoples toes here but yes if they´re "overweight" they are less attractive. not if it´s just a tiny bit though.

• it doesn't matter if the girl is fat or skinny for me it is her personality the way she treats me and the way she treats others if your going to truly love someone you have to look past the outside :)

• If you go by product advertisers and other capitalistic brainwashing media tacticians, yes. Actual real life? No.

• Depends on how much. Not always about their weight, but more on how they carry it.

• Depends on what you mean by overweight, and how she carries her weight

• everyone has what theyre born into right?

being fit to fat can give you 3 points or take away 3 points out of 10 from your genetic level of attraction.

so if a fit girl is an 8 but over the years became fat (30 percent plus fat), shed be a 5.

• Morbidly, yes. But non-morbidly? Not necessarily.

• Yes it's true

• Her weight has nothing to do with if she's attractive or not

• Short answer (for me at least,) = yes.

• I like them more I wish you had a pic :-(

• no if she have nice feelings

• i think yes cuz they sweat a lot n can't wipe their ass properly cuz they're so fat n that causes bad odor

• Than the same girl not overweight? Yes. Than some other girl? Not automatically.

• Not as mush as overweight guys

• no, not at all, but if you are talking about obese, that's a different story.

What Girls Said 8

• Being overweight makes others think that person doesn't care about their own health. To try and eat less, healthy, and workout. So they can be in a healthy shape and liver longer.

• being overweight automatically says "I don't take care of myself" and people who don't take care of themselves aren't very attractive. But you can be attractive and be overweight. If you do a nice pretty haircut, a small and proper amount of makeup,, and you dress to fit your body type.

• Definitely not true, there are a lot of overweight models that are gorgeous. The size of someone doesn't make them less attractive, at least not to everyone. Beauty is in he eye of the beholder.

• being unhealthy is ugly, sorry but being obese or over weight is an issue and causes health problems plus healthy people not only look better they are also less insecure, can wear what they want and don't get as jealous and sad over their body weight, i was obese and it wasn't like your fairy tail opinions at all

• i don't believe it tbh, when i was obese no one was looking at me or even noticed me and guys told me that the body is as important as the face so i lost weight, i felt miserable everyday because a big belly and big thighs are not attractive , i couldn't fit in anything and i couldn't wear what i wanted everything looked horrible once i lost weight i felt and looked much much better, i have to admit that a lot of big women got a beautiful face though it could be prettier if the face would be smaller but that's only a part of being attractive anyway

• Well maybe you weren't shopping in the right places. Things fit me fine. And I get hit on from time to time, have had guy friends crush on me and have a 3 year long relationship that my weight has no part of.

• I think it depends on th e girl
    static.tumblr.com/bhobjvg/RKAln9u17/biggergirl.jpg
    I think that she is pretty beautiful

• I think girls with chrves can be pretty

• Yes, fat people - not only girls - are automatically unattractive.

• if you are overweight you are not as attractive as you could be than if you were in shape. and by in shape i dont mean skinny. skinny isn't really all that either unless its your natural body type. all that matters is that you have a small waist and a flat stomach

• in my opinion yes. I try to always stay in great shape. but some guys like heavy girls, seems a lot on this site do. There are chubby chasers everywhere...