Does my body look better before or after I gained weight?

I'm 5'4" and recently accidentally gained about 8 pounds. Should I lose it or leave it? Which looks better? I'm honestly really self conscious now, and I realize it's not that much of a difference, but still... go ahead and be brutally honest!

Here's before: (92 lbs)

And here's after: (100lbs)

Lol please just don't tell me I'm crazy, because I KNOW there's a difference!

• You look better BEFORE you gained the weight. Lose it.
  • You look better AFTER you gained the weight. Leave it.
I just realized that the mobile version looks like the images are stretched vertically. So please take that into account (:

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't even see a difference. I do think you could stand to gain a few pounds, though. At your height, you should be between 110-144 lbs, depending on your body shape. Since you aren't very curvy, closer to the 110 area would be better. You also should weigh more if you worked out, because muscle weighs more than fat. You shouldn't feel self-conscious about gaining a few pounds. You are very skinny. People see us differently than we see ourselves and we tend to obsess over things that other people do not see. At 118 lbs, curvy & 5'0, I thought I was fat. I was horrified and decided to diet. I got down to 101 and was fine. It wasn't until years later when I looked back at pictures that I couldn't believe myself. I was pale and way too skinny at 101. I was even a little too skinny at 118, but at least I had some color to my skin. I think I would have looked better around 125. We just don't see that during that time. We always think we are too fat. We need to stop judging ourselves.

What Guys Said 33

• you actually look thinner after... maybe that is the image you mention. Either way, looks great! honestly you could even do a bit more... but you sound very active and fit, so if you don't like the idea of pure weight gain, there is always muscle!

but honestly, it all looks fine as is, I know myself after I hit goals (which it sounds like you are doing here) I like the next one ready to go.

• I think you look better once you gained weight but I think if you put on another 5 or 10 pounds you'd look even better.

• You look better after weight gain, good job

• You look better with gained weight. You could even gain some more. You're very slim and definitely don't have anything to be self conscious about. You should love your body and be proud 😎

• I like the new weight a lot more, it's hard to see a difference but you look better :P

• lol yeah I know but the difference to me is huge!

• Lol well thank you, you just made my day!

• Haha I'm glad, you're welcome! :)

• You look like you have abs in the 100 pounds.

Eh, pretty close, but the 100 pounds is good. You look fit and trim and toned. Keep it up!

• You definitely look better after you gained the weight. Your bmi was 15.8 but now it's 17.2 which is still underweight but if u gain 13lbs and then maintain it you will be at a normal healthy weight.

• I'm still underweight? I can't imagine gaining any more

• I know it's hard but you need to gain weight. I am here to listen to your problems.

• lol well thanks!

• yeah I can't notice the difference.

per your update, doesn't matter if the image is distorted, there is no way I can imagine the real you 100% accurately lol.

• Lol what?

• you said the image is stretched, that's good to know but there is still nothing I can do to see the "actual" you, even if you say take it into account. you would have to post a new picture that is not stretched. that's all I meant.

• Much better after. Healthier. Great figure. Don't worry about it!!

• you shouldn´t stop gaining yet in my opinion... it´s way better though.

• gain a couple more pounds. Its not bad and honestly can't notice the diffrence but you look a wee bit to skinny though it could be the distortion of the photos.

• I honestly don't notice much of a difference as it's only a few pounds, but a little more weight is always a good thing. In fact, studies have shown that guys like a few extra pounds than most women think guys like. So, if you ever feel like you're a "few pounds too many", you're probably dead on where most guys think it's attractive and probably could even put on a few more pounds for good measure.

• Either way you look amazing!

• Was it 8lbs of fat or is some of it muscle? 92lb sounds really thin but if you live a fairly healthy life then maybe not worry about it too much. But still do you have a doctor that gives physicals? You look great and I'm not trying to say you're too skinny just a little worried that you weighed that little at 5'4.

• Not sure, I think some of it is muscle but for the most part I think it's only fat.

• Keep the gain. It looks like it's positive gain. Muscle is heavier so I think you're the same size but have toned your abs and butt more, resulting in the weight gain.

Either way you look hot.

• Much better after gaining weight.

• You're after pics are fucking sexy!

• After for sure. Plus your abs look way better also! i'm jealous

• You look hot!! ;)

• u look better on 100lbs... do u do any sport?

• I voted before.

With the exception of your butt (which improved after losing weight), your curves were more feminine before the weight loss.

• Before weight loss? I gained weight, I didn't lose it.

• Ah. Well... Before was slightly better.

• Its barely different, you look fine in either case.

• Honestly I can't tell much of a difference. If anything you need to gain more. In my opinion you are too skinny

• It looks better after you gained weight?

• Leave the junk in your trunk. Look nicer now

• you look like a child get some boobs and ass

• Lol how am I supposed to do that? I can't change my genetics!

• You look good now. Don't bother losing the excess. I have a friend who is obsessed with losing weight... but she so doesn't need to. Trying to tell her that though i'd be better off looking in a mirror and talking to myself!

• i can't tell the difference

• HEAPS better after. Your midsection is starting to look really nice especially :)

• lol but I gained a pouch on my stomach? You think it looks better?

• You don't have to work on your abs to get and. Look up mankofit.
      She's a professional fitness model with a six pack and she says she rarely ever does ab work. Everyone, absolutely everyone has abs

• Exactly what she said - abs don't come from ab work, but from being lean.

• I strongly suggest you keep all the weight you gained. It would be fine if you gained a few more pounds so try to not feel self-conscious about it.

• More from Guys
    3

What Girls Said 16

• Honey you are very very skinny! you don't need to lose any weight... please please stop caring more about your looks, it will start to make you very unhappy, i know these days it's the "fadf" to be super skinny and stuff but don't listen to it... i'm over-weight but not by choice... it's genetics for me, i was even a big baby and wearing the biggest size baby clothes and i did lose 4 stone 5 years ago but it was too hard to continue... and what i saw from people when i did wasn't nice... they only accepted me just because i was more skinny, they only saw me then but would never accept me when i was bigger, i don't work-out any more and just eat and drink what i want and it's honestly gone back the same way... nobody takes me seriously or wants to notice me because i'm over-weight... they can never accept me being big because most people would rather "get in with the fads" than make real friends... which is just super lame and i hate... so don't worry... a few pounds more pounds isn't going to hurt, the only time you should start to worry is if you get to like 24 stone lol.

• Definitely LOOK better after you look more toned, and I definitely think that muscle mass looks better than being super skinny!

• What weight?
    All I see is a feather.
    You look fine gurl!

• You look really good in the after pics. I'm 95lbs right now and I keep gaining weight. I was 90lbs before ughh I just wish the fats would go to my boobs lol

• Hahaha me too! Boobs and butt please! Not stomach!

• Hahaha ikr 😂 like omg why must it go to the stomach 😭

• the bottom pics are better you were looking too slim on the top ones.

• Have you been working out? You will gain with working out but you'll gain muscle which is heavier than fat.

• You look so much healthier after you gained weight! You go girl, you look awesome!

• You look healthier and more feminine after the weight gain.
    Before, it looked like the body of a pubescent girl.

• Oh my gosh I also have a freckle next to me belly button

• your are SUCH a showoff! You look great!

• lol wtf no. i wish the weight would go to boobs/butt instead of stomach! But thank you!

• It looks like you gained muscle weight, not body fat.
    Leave it, you look amazing.

• How tall are you? I'd suggest another 8 lbs but through gym so you don't get the belly you're so afraid of. Personally I don't mind love handles up to the weight of 160 but I know most girls prefer a flat tummy haha

• I'm 5'4"

• My family works in nutrition business, technically you're healthy weight (not necessarily best looking, but healthiest) would be 116~145.

You might prefer being skinny, but I'd say to have enough organ fat (the layer that does shock absorbing for your organs) you should gain at least another few pounds.

Also it makes you cuddier to hug!

• lol okay thanks (:

• you look better after, but i hardly notice the difference

• I don't notice a difference :/

• You look great afterwards. A lot healthier and move shape. You could even gain a little more!

• Your body now looks way more better than before