Today's my 19th birthday. I've never been asked out or kissed?

I've never been asked out on a date, have a guy say he liked me, been kissed, all my four years of high school, I didn't have a date to homecoming, winter formal, not even to prom. Ever. I know it's pathetic to never had a guy be interested in me For 19 years so please don't be rude. I'm really shy and I don't have many friends much less guy friends. i have hobbies like playing the piano and guitar, photography, and cooking. I have been told before I don't smile much so that might explain why I don't have friends. I take my studies seriously and I'm going to good college in the fall but still its so embarrassing to say I've never even been asked out to a school dance before. I know I'm not pretty or else I would've had like 10+ boyfriends by now but am I really that ugly? Tbh I always thought I was average but I feel like even average looking girls get asked to dances and go on dates at least once in high school? I'm not here fishing for compliments.

Please rate me one to ten on my looks. be honest. And if you have any tips on how to make more friends, be more social, how to talk to guys or how to get guys interested in you please leave a comment! Thank you so much.

• Nine-ten
  • Eight
  • Seven
  • Six
  • Five
  • Three-Four
  • One-two

Most Helpful Guy

• Are you serious? I'm sorry, but you're beautiful. I don't like rating people, but I voted for 9-10 cause I think you're up there, and I just can't believe you've never had a guy that likes you, honestly, it's hard to believe, and you seem like a nice girl, you have good hobbies, so I'm guessing that it's because you're too shy and because you rarely smile, something you have to change NOW, cause smiling makes you even prettier.

You're going to college this fall, so you're gonna meet new people, use this to become less shy, to step out of your shell. It'll make you uncomfortable at first, but you'll get used to, and it's worth it.

What Guys Said 43

• You are incredibly cute! I assume that you have been a good student and you have developed other talents; these thins can be impediments to a high school girl, because high school boys are so easily intimidated. You will learn that guys in college are different and you will probably get a lot of guys being interested in you. Think about the kind of guys who would be interested in you and not intimidated and then think about where those guys congregate. You need to maximize your exposure to those guys. If you think literary guys would be interested in you, join a book club. If you think motorheads would like you, take a course in auto mechanics. Musicians would dig you? Join a musical organization.

Some guy is going to consider himself the luckiest man on the planet when he discovers you!

• I'm almost 25 and never kissed, been on a date. I hugged once but it was a "Goodbye" hug with a friend, so I don't think that really counts. And I am not afraid to admit it. My family knows it, and my one and only friend knows it. I don't think it's something to be embarrassed about because there is no specific age by which you are expected to have your first kiss, be on your first date, etc. It's different for everyone because everyone has a different life. So, don't feel bad about it. I think you're beautiful so it probably has something to do with your personality. Too serious about your studies and don't seem interesting. So, try to find ways to open up and talk with others about something you think is funny.

• I think the fact that you haven't been asked out clearly would have more to do with your shyness rather than your physical attractiveness.

maybe try being a bit more open and outgoing. step outside your comfort zone a bit. maybe introduce yourself to a guy and ask him to hang out or something or at least try to get to know him

• aww that's sad... u r so sweet. like 9/10 at least. maybe u've not found da right dude yet, but don't worry u r still young

maybe u could find a guy who shares similar interests wid u... like a musician, a photographer or a cook... but anyway never say u r not pretty coz it's a lie... u can see it from poll's results :)

happy b-day btw!!! :D

• You probably intimidate most of the guys your age. Do you go out and party with guys your own age and they don't ever hit on you? When I was 19 and I didn't know you, I'd probably be intimidated at that age from insecurity. Being friendly and funny is probably the best way to break the ice between people, if someone is sitting in a corner by themselves or not talking much, people tend to avoid them since they don't seem open to contact. Also if you see something you want, go for it. There's no shame in asking a guy out.

• No but how do I intimidate guys?

• you're a pretty girl, guys can feel intimidated by pretty girls

• It's pretty mind boggling that you've never been on a date or at least kissed... You're a good looking girl. Maybe work on meeting more people and becoming more outgoing. Obviously you are very career and work focused which is great, although, if you are feeling like something is missing try to go outside your comfort zone.

• I sorry things haven't worked out for you - You are very beautiful - Use new time in your life college to make friends, join clubs- I don't rate anybody, it is just a number.

• I'm sorry that no one has asked you to dances. But doesn't mean you're not pretty. Some people just have crap luck when it comes to dating. In the future if you ever make eye contact with a guy you'd be interested in talking to give him a smile. Being shy is not a bad thing. You don't have to stop being shy. A lot of guys don't know if a girl is shy or not when they approach her. Just try to be open and friendly if guys do approach you. I'm sure you will find a decent boyfriend in college.

• I am gonna rate you 9/10... you are very cute in those pics.. and you look very pretty and you look like fun... I would totally ask you it on a date...😊

Be patient you will find a right guy...
    But I don't understand you are so pretty... How can no guy ask you out?

• Happy birthday.

Perhaps you could try asking some guys out, rather than waiting for them to ask you out?

• Don't worry about it. Lots of people don't date in high school. You're pretty too, so you're bound to find someone in college as long as you put yourself in positions to do so.

Happy birthday!!

• WHAT THE HELL! i am 19 too! and given the chance i would happily take you on a picnic date and give you a kiss!

you seem to be a bit shy and introverted which is fine :) dont worry soon enough a guy will ask you out and kiss you =)

• You look gorgeous. Your hair face everything looks nice I'm suprised noone asked you out. Tip: to make new friends one must reach out. by the way Happy birthday :D 🎂 I hope you have an awesome day.

• By looks you are definitely above average 😊
    i gave you 6 if there was more pic like the middle one, it's an 8 from me.

If you are honest about your description in the post , i would love to date a girl like you forever...

That's my honest opinion.

• i have no idea whats going wrong. its not your looks. you're easily a 9. maybe guys are intimidated by that. being as gorgeous as you are in combination with being quiet/shy may make you hard to approach. i am willing to bet if you walk to up to any random guy and ask them to go out with you they would drop their jaw in disbelief. i know i would.

• I was single and never was kissed until I was 21. You're not alone.

• you are gorgeous, there must be a lot of gay men where you live. either that or they all think you are too good for them.

• I haven't read the details, but you're above average. At least, your faces is. Look elsewhere to find the problem.

• You are ridiculously cute. If I knew you I'd date you in a heart beat. It's sad that you've never had a boyfriend or been kissed but it'll happen. When it does it'll be awesome and well worth the wait.

I honestly can't believe no one would have tried to date you. You are just too pretty

• Average? Not pretty? else you'll have 10+? well you are beautiful probably above average you are pretty and the fact you have boyfriend has nothing to do with prettiness. HBD

• I can't even believe that, I said 9-10... I legit don't believe you when you say you've never kissed anyone...

• If I knew you I'll be a friend to take you out. Even send you on a vacation. You deserve it

• Happy Birthday

• Happy birthday, you're really attractive

• The guy who will be yours someday, he'll surely feel so lucky to have you in his life. <3
    __________
    Hppy bday :)

• Happy Birthday.

• I'd rate you an 8/10. I think you're very cute

• You're very pretty, but if you've never gotten asked out you might not be nice to guys.

• I would date you lol. Im in the same boat as you :3

• More from Guys
    13

What Girls Said 9

• A most definite 100 out of 10!! .. You are quite simply Drop Dead Gorgeous.. Stunning.. Beautiful.. And I absolutely adore your hair (especially pic.2)

All I can say is.. The guys where you live seriously need to get their eyes tested.. Period.

• I agree with this comment, her hair is gorgeous. And the guys around her are most likely blind xD

• OMG.. A guy who is in total agreement with me! .. What is the world coming to? lol :)

• You're very pretty. You just haven't come across someone who's willing to ask you out. They may even be intimidated by your looks. There's nothing wrong with not having been kissed or asked out. If you like a guy, ask him out! There's nothing wrong with that either and it may lead to something great.

• I was the same way at nearly 19, you can[t just wait for a guy to approach you all the time if you like someone let them know they can't read your mind. Girls can approach guys first. I liked my boyfriend for a while before I was just like fuck it! he's shy I'm going to go get what I want myself! One year later and he and I are moving in together! Don't wait to be approached!

• You are stunning! Dont you ever worry about being alone cause im sure there will be many guys trying to approach you in college. You seem to have a really nice personality which is a great virtue. If you lived near me i would totally love to hang out with you cause you're my type of friend :) I definitely think you should smile more it would look awesome on you. And finally: www.topbirthdaywishes.org/.../...GIF-IMAGES-29.gif

• You just look soft-spoken and introverted. You're adorable. Maybe guys aren't so sure how to approach someone so precious... a lot of guys are used to the out-there girls that are so easy to approach because they suck up attention like a vacuum. I feel college will give you a perfect opportunity to catch the eye of a guy as shy & sweet as you!

• There is obviously something wrong with the guys in your school. If guys aren't making first moves on you, maybe you should try it.

• You're reslly pretty. I think there's probably someone that wanted to ask youout, but thought you were too shy so it would be awkward. I think with looks like those, and as committed to doing good in life as you are, you will definietely find someone who loves you. tbh if it was possible i'd rate you an 11 out of 10 ;)

• you're realy pretty, maybe guys think they dont have a chance with you, take iniative into your hands

• Your second pic I thought you looked like Chrissy Teigan. You could pass for like a younger sister or something in that pic lol. But yeah I give 8