Why does everyone ask why when they find out I want to dye my hair and get mad?

This is me and I'm dying a stripe of my hair next week because my mom won't let me dye he whole thing. Whenever people find out that I want to dye my and that I will they get frustrated and say "Do you know how many people would kill to have your hair color naturally?" They get mad but why? It's not their hair, it's mine and it's my choice.

Yes I know how much dying my hair could damage it, I know of the risks

Most Helpful Guy

• They are mad because they think you are making a stupid choice, and I agree with them. You are cute just the way you are! There are women who make a career of trying to change their appearance because they think that, if they finally get just the right look, everyone will love them and life will be wonderful. Those women never find just the right look and they are perpetually unhappy. You should learn to accept yourself as you are. I can see that you are on the way to becoming a beautiful woman in a few years and your patience with yourself will be greatly rewarded.

What Guys Said 6

• Nobody likes to see something beautiful defiled. Its very lovely hair, its a great color in general and great on you. So they don't want to see that ruined. It is however your choice so do as you please, just don't do it because you think it looks bad the way it is.

• Because dying your hair is dumb.

Exceptions include:
    If you are going bald
    If you are dying your entire head a natural hair color
    If you are Dennis Rodman.

• I can see both sides of the argument it is your hair but you are so young and it is a beautiful colour

• i believe yer mom doesn't let u coz u are 13 maybe... yet i believe it's not so xtreme to dye a stripe of yer hair.
    and yeah i agree wid u changin hair colors it's a person's choice and only!

• Risks? You could set your hair on fire and it would grow back in a year. Can you try some temporary color and see how you like it?

• Because red hair is amazing and you are trading for average brown hair, thats why they get mad. they wish they had your hair colour!! :)

What Girls Said 4

• Dying a strip isn't so bad because many girls do it and it's not so hard to change back and etc. etc. My mom let me get highlights once, but they were so unnoticeable because we got them really close to my hair color. Many girls parents don't let them dye their hair so young. Dying your hair a lot can damage your hair (look at Arianna Grande) especially if you're younger. I plan on dying my hair at some point, but not until I'm an adult.

• yes it is your choice.. do whatever you want

• wait until you're not so young..

• its hard to tell ur hair color cuz of pic quality :/