I'm fucking sick and fucking tired of having acne and acne scars because its a fucking turn off?

I'll be 20 in 3 months and I still have acne problems I had it so bad that I have scars from it and I'm so embarrassed about it.. I feel like girls don't like me

PS. Sorry for the swear words

Most Helpful Girl

• i know how you feel. i used to have acne problems, i was actually just talking about this earlier with a few people.
    lots of people have acne and acne problems.
    i suggest just drinking lots of water, stay away from sodas and overly sugary foods, wash your face in the morning and at night. there are acne wash systems similar to proactive. i'm pretty sure you can find it at walmart for like 10$ and it lasts a while.
    if not, just try to find a mild daily facial cleanser and use that. you might have to try a few because they're all kind of different. there are also natural diy remedies for lightening acne scars but im not sure how well they work. i know chamomile is good for lightening scars.
    maybe try rinsing your face with cooled chamomile tea after you wash your face?
    i use this brightening facial daily cleanser by burts bees, and i can start to see a difference!
    and honestly if girls don't like you because you have scars, they're not worth your time. they're probably superficial. you've gotta find someone who's understanding and won't be rude about that shit.
    good luck

What Girls Said 8

• Hey I'm 35 and still get breakouts lol.

Drink plenty of water. No alcohol and very little sugar. Don't touch your face. And I recommend Burts Bees Blemish stick.

• get a prescription from a doctor

• I feel you. I had issues with acne in the past but once I did enough research and treatment my skin drastically improved. Have you gone to see a dermatologist? For scarring they may do microdermabrasion or chemical peels. If the underlying cause of acne is not treated, the bacteria, it will still be a continuous problem regardless of whether they heal the scarring or not. I personally had to make many changes in my life and visit a dermatologist as well to get healthy skin. If your acne is severe (Cysts, the like) they may prescribe you on Accutane to control and treat your breakouts. If the acne is mild or moderate they will give you the oral pill Doxycycline but only for 1-3 months. One shouldn't be on such harsh medications for too long keep in mind. There are side effects but most are harmless and only last the duration of taking the medication. It's rather uncommon. They may put you on topicals afterwards. In your regular, everyday life, avoid excess milk or sugar, change your sheets and pillowcases frequently, eat healthily, wash your face no more than two times a day, exercise, always wash your face after exercise, drink enough water, don't stress, get enough sleep, DO NOT touch your face or pick at your acne, it spreads the bacteria but can also cause redness and scarring. In your case I'm assuming your acne is hormonal, genetic even and has transcended into your adult life. If so, there are natural remedies, like fish oil, etc, to control these hormones. In woman for example, who experience hormonal acne and have flare ups due to their menstrual cycle, they are often prescribed birth control. -My personal skin care routine, Clarisonic exfoliating brush, Cetaphil cleanser for mild to oily skin, and topicals. I also follow the tips above and have tried natural remedies which have worked to an extent above. Best of luck! (Clean your screen on your phone, it harbors a lot of bacteria)

• Also if you choose to do chemical peels the benzoyl peroxide/salicylic acid comes in varying strengths, choose a strength which won't irritate your skin. Some people are rather sensitive on these things.

• Lol, last helpful comment. Tomato's, Potato's, Oranges, and Lemons are good for Hyperpigmentation. Olive oil, honey, and Jojoba oil hydrate and combat the acne. (Natural honey though) Turmeric is good all around though the yellow pigment is rather irritating. Aloe Vera is very soothing to the skin also. Matcha green tea provides many benefits internally and externally as well.

• Its not a diet issue. Its hormonal ( caused by anger and stress) I feel if I do suuggest an alternative modality to you, it won't work on you.

• ok what I do is i wash my face every time i get in the shower with a scent free body wash (i use ivory) and then after my shower I take a small peice of ice and quickly rubbing it on my face making sure to not keep it on the same spot for more than a few seconds. I dont pat dry, I let it dry and put a small amount of cocoa butter on it. I have been doing this for about 2 weeks and it has done a great difference for my skin. My skin is more soft and smooth, and all of the acne is clearing up pretty quickly. I dont even have any more acne and all of the scars are disappearing. you should try it.

• Have you tried proactive which is said to be very effective?

• Tried it, its garbage and also a money scam.. Thanks for trying to help anyway

• Certain diets can also help if you go to a naturopathic doctor or herbalist.

• I really don't find it off putting, I mean j don't look for it in guys but I don't think acne looks that bad, actually every guy I've seriously liked has had acne really bad and had scars.

• now imagine that +being a girl + being 21 about to turn 22...

trust me i KNOW how you feel.
    im trying chemical skin peeling (not sure if thats what its called or not)
    maybe consider it? or laser?

What Guys Said 5

• No reason to feel embarrassed about it. Actually, I think it looks kind of cute, in many cases. I used Neosporin when I was younger, believe it or not, and it worked pretty well. However, I don't know if it was just me or not. You should talk to a doctor about it, if you're really concerned about it.

• Have you consulted a dermatologisf.

• I've had major acne since I was 16. My dermatologist keeps trying to convince me to go on acutane because it's so bad. You're not alone.

• Visit a dermatologist

• I have the same problem. I'm 17 and it's the pits.

• The pits are the worst

• Worse than the dumps?