I feel insecure and confused about my looks, help?

for some days, i believe i'm 'above average' or even 'pretty', cuz many guys like me and i've had quite many guys calling me pretty. but other days, when i hear people talking bout me like 'A: isn't she pretty?' 'B: whaaat? no.', i suddenly get very insecure, gloomy, frustrated, and i just wanna cry...:/ and even when my friends jokingly tell me 'you look ugly, creepy', i laugh at the moment, but i seriously think about it over and over and feel like what the hell is the problem with my face. if im not pretty like some people say, why do i get many guy strangers' interests, smiles, and blushes. my feature is not curvy or glamorous, just average. i dont wear slutty, i like casual and classic fashion. so i should stop rambling... i just wanna get the feeling of SECURITY. and most of the time it's really hard. any advice? thank you...:)

Most Helpful Girl

• People have different tastes and some won't like what others love.
    For example there was one woman many found beautiful, but then she was on tv and my dad walked by and he said: eeeww what a monster is that (he actually meant it).

So stop caring so much about others judgement of you :) Obviously you are pretty since many people think so and you think so yourself. Some may not think your all that pretty and so what :) You can't be the most beautiful of the world, NO ONE can :) people will always have different tastes and preferences. I mean some people only like very skinny girls and others only heavy girls. There is soo much variation.
    it really doesn't matter that much.
    But I remember at your age I was always worried about it to. I was very popular in school and lots of guys were after me. But somehow when a girl would call me ugly I would be devestated. I

What Guys Said 8

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeLpvgAVtU8 I suggest you watch this video. Its very good. Insecurities comes down to low esteem. I really suggest you watch it. Its helped me tremendously.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeLpvgAVtU8

• You are just a bit insecure we are all like that - Try not to think about what other people are saying about you - Have faith in your own feelings about how you look - If you feel like you look well, chances are if you feel good about yourself you will look good.

• Just go front of a mirror and see... whether your beautiful or not... because it all happens from you. You maybe beautiful to others or maybe not but if you find your self not beautiful, that's a problem. Just try to think positively... everyday dress up like your going to meet your soulmate.. etc etc.. go to gym.. eat healthy food etc etc... but you got to boost your ego and confidence and pretty much ignore what others think about you because non of that matters to you. It's your life, not theirs

• Relax, the insecurity will go away. Plus you're very young still so no reason to panic really. You already have guys smiling at you and more will pay attention to you over time. Work on the things you feel you can work in, and those you can't then you will accept them over time.

• Girls tend to be insecure for no reason. They think they are ugly, when in actuality they are very attractive.

• If guys always like you and tell you you're pretty then I'm sure you are but even if you weren't pretty it isn't a big deal. Your physical attractiveness doesn't determine your worth as a person

• Ur good looking take the good say f.. uck u to the bad

• www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a11089-you-are-not-ugly-you-are-beautiful look at the video in the take please. Its very important! Thank You! :)

What Girls Said 4

• Everyone has their good and bad qualities, even the most attractive people. Try to focus on changing your way of thinking. Focus on the positive attributes you have each time you look in the mirror. Over time your insecurities will lessen and you will feel a lot more secure :)

• Lol, honey it's obvious that you know you're beautiful :) Feeling insecure is normal while in adolescent years, don't sweat it

• Girl, be glad guys check you out and smile at you. I've never gotten that

• Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And obviously a lot of people see you as beautiful but in your eye you should always be beautiful. There's always going to be someone a bit skinnier, silkier hair, and we can't control that. I think you should just remind yourself that lots of people feel this way. Lots of people are average. This happens to me and I look around and see all these people just like me. Talk to a really close friend about your insecurities... It really helps.