Guys, how do I know if I'm ugly?

I know that might sound like a loaded question but let me explain. So, for as long as I can remember, I've been made fun of for my looks and I don't mean the "haha you're nose is big" people would tell me I should kill myself because I'm so ugly. But recently I've noticed more people (well, women mostly) complimenting my looks, which would be awesome if I was into women but I'm not. I've gone a few dates with guys and they always say they don't understand how I'm signle because "I'm so pretty" and I guess I'm confused about it because it wasn't until like a year ago guys stopped calling me ugly. But yet I'm never approached by guys my age, it' usually always men in their middle ages. When ever my friends and I are out, they get flirted with and I pretty much get ignored, but when I'm with a guy on a date, he says I'm too pretty to be single. He's probably just saying that to get me in bed with him but... I don't know. From all what I listed please tell me from a guy's perspective, am I ugly? Is that why I'm not being approached ever? Thanks in adanve.

12

Most Helpful Guy

• There are many girls that are attractive and don't get approached. It can be due to all sorts of things. Sometimes the guys are intimidated, others they don't think she's approachable. Also, you've said that you do go on dates with guys so they obviously think you're attractive. You probably just notice your friends being flirted with more because you're insecure about your looks due to the experiences you described.

I'd imagine that you are pretty. Guys have said it, girls have said it, you get dates and the people who doubt your looks sound like tools.

Also, the people who made fun of your looks are total arseholes who are best ignored. While I know it can be hard to forget the bad memories, don't believe them., They are complete idiots.

• Thanks so much for the mho!
      I hope I helped. :)

• You helped very much thank you!

• Great. :)
      If you need anything else, just ask or message me. :)

What Guys Said 11

• first of all those people who were tellin u kill yerself they were nothing more but a bunch of assholes. i don't think u r ugly... but do u dress in a more conservative way maybe, and that's y u get approached by middle-aged guys more often? it may sound like a stupid generalisation, but i believe middle-aged guys prefer more conservative-looks than young guys

• Hmm I mean, I don't really dress any differently then people my age. Could it be how I carry myself? I've been told by some people that I have "resting bitch face". Would my clothes be a big reason as to why guys my age aren't interested in me?

• when u say people yer age? u can gimme a description if u want
      and "restin bitch face" is pretty common... so i don't think this has anything to do wid it

• You're not ugly. Sounds to me that most guys are intimidated by your beauty. Guys are very insecure and fragile and the reason many of us won't approach a very pretty woman is fear of rejection. I was that way when I was younger. I had many insecurities, but I overcame many if them. Although not all of them. Just be yourself and Mr. Right will come along. Perhaps when you least expect it.

• I think you have got so many knocks that you are bit insecure - Confidence can be the x factor that make certain people seem like they are attracting all the attention

• Some girls look kind of plain when they are younger, but change as they get into their twenties. You might not be approached because you took the word of those jerks years ago, and are too self conscious, therefore you are not being outgoing and confident.
    Listen to those who are complimenting your "new" looks, and go with it.
    There is nothing wrong with a girl approaching a guy either, if you see someone you like, go get him.
    Maybe post a new pic on here, so we can decide for ourselves.

• Like most guys in here, I say send a pic then we'll talk. But even by that standard beauty is still in the eye of the beholder.

• Fist impressions is always the most difficult to over come. It easy to except what is. Judging someone based on their looks instead of personality is very uncomfortable. This is partially why I don't go on dates

• ahhh you're a late bloomer maybe you where ugly back then but now you grew to be pretty? it happens

• I'm sure you are beautiful can't we see a pic?

• Those people that are telling you to kill themselves should take there own advice. I only find a certain type of girls unattractive even when my best friends think they are ugly

• I'm sure you're very attractive. People say terrible things usually out if jealousy, or just because they're unhappy with their own lives so they try to make everyone feel as bad as they do. As for the reason you aren't approached when you're out; you may be giving off a vibe that says "leave me alone." Often when people are used to hearing negative things about themselves the project an aura of negativity. Your body language and energy could be pushing people away before they have a chance to get to know you. Now those middle age guys may only be trying to sleep with you, but they still think you're attractive, they wouldn't try if they didn't.

• post a pic on here and we'll tell you.