Is it possible for a good looking person to appear ugly in a photograph?

Most Helpful Guy

• As a lifelong photographer I can absolutely say yes it is. For instance, every time I take a photograph of myself (which is rarely btw) I think one side of my face looks bigger than the other, however by any standards I've gotten laid plenty and had plenty of girlfriends. Conversely I can take a photograph of someone considered ugly and make them look beautiful (even without photoshop).

In any case As someone once wrote beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I can say with absolute certainty that, that is true. I have found both slightly larger, shorter, taller, older and younger women beautiful and a huge turn on based on either their personal qualities, intelligence, bum, tits, eyes, hair and a whole other myriad of qualities. I am not a fan of botox nor fake tits ( I find them a HUGE turn off) any more than I am a fan of obesity. There are standards of course, but more often than not they contradict what we're told.

What Guys Said 14

• Yes, I had some terrible "professional" photographs taken of me a month ago or so, and I looked like crap in them ! I found out that you can make anyone look like crap when you force them into an unnatural pose ! xD Logical, actually xD

I always look better in the mirror than in photos. By the way, selfies are never as good as actual photos. The lens isn't far enough away and a photo is only a 2D version of yourself.

• *Looks ugly in photo*... *looks even uglier in real life*...

Mhmm... If myself is anything to go by, Ima say no, Not possible haha.

• That makes no sense to me i think all of our features change
    from being real attractive to just plain looking person it happens
    to all of us.

• What do you mean?

• All people can tend to change in pictures what you see me in my pic might me less or more attractive than what you see in person or through a webcam chat ,

• Yes unfortunately some people don't photograph well

• I'm the type who is good looking in person or on camera but I can't take a decent still photograph to save my life. And I've known chicks who were like four feet tall and 300 lbs that could take pics and make themselves look like a super model without even using photoshop. Some people are just more photogenic than others and being good looking or not doesn't necessarily have anything to do with taking a good photograph.

• People have told me I'm not bad looking but I feel ugly in pictures. So I guess it's possible. Either that or I'm just unattractive lol

• Some people aren't photogenic.

• Ohhh yeah and I speak from experience... I am very good looking in real life but in photos I'm kind of plain.

• yes, they can.

• Not ugly but duck face or absurd...

• Yeah i do all the time

• I can look better in a selfie with how I angle my face

• Some people just take bad pictures. I'm one of them

• Sure is. I've always wondered why it's like that sometimes. Seems weird.

What Girls Said 7

• Yes, I am a terrible "selfie" taker. My close friend literally said to me "wow, you're bad at taking pictures, you don't look like that in real life. You're so pretty." Lol. I've also had random people tell me I look better in person than in pictures, I've just accepted it.

• Absolutely. A bad angle and bad lighting can make anyone look ugly.

• Yes, some people are photogenic, some aren't.
    I had a classmate that wasan't a big deal, but in pictures he looked awesome, that's something! 👍

• Yes of course

• Yeah, it is.

• Photo does not do justice most of the time.

• yes its called getting a bad angle