Why is the rating on here so inconsistent?

So I've seen people ask for ratings on here and there'll be one clearly above attractive person ask for a rating and get a 7/8 score and then a clearly average person ask for a rating and get a 9 or 10.. Maybe it's just because I like honesty but why lie to people? Just a thought.

Most Helpful Guy

• There this thing called opinion. Everyone has one and not everyone's is the same. Then there's individual taste and preferences and so on. Even your statement here is based on your opinion on which not everyone will agree. Anything arguable and/or debatable is open to opinion and under those conditions none are either right or wrong. So ratings about looks which are debatable will be based on individual opinions. And in these cases on gag, bias, prejudice, racism and other factors come into play but that's just how it is. Not right or wrong. People are entitled to their opinions and tastes and preferences no matter what the are or the reasons behind them. Humans are just like that.

What Guys Said 5

• To me, a girl's looks are not that important. All girls are lovely, so as far as I'm concerned, the vast majority get the perfect 10, because that's how I feel about them truthfully. I only mark them down if they look seriously overweight. Not because they are overweight, but because they aren't taking enough care of themselves and are risking future health problems.

I should add that personality is far more important than looks! Difficult to rate a personality!

• I have had issues with the rating system since my first day on this site - I don't like the idea of people with fragile self esteems getting hammered - If the ratings turn into a bland procession, I would prefer that to someone getting crushed.

• Yeah that's a very good point.

• well... a person who may be attractive to you, may not be as attractive with someone else.

• The rating depends on the thirstiness of the rater.

• I don't like attractive people reassuring themselves, however I like to empathize with average looking folks.

What Girls Said 3

• Everyone had different ideas of beauty. I've seen people who I thought were attractive and my friends did not. There have also been people I think are unattractive but I see other people talking about how "hot" they are. So, my point is, I wouldn't assume someone is "lying" just because they rate another person higher or lower than I would.

• Let me introduce you about this new amazing concept of PREFERENCE, it's anamazing new idea that you can prefer something over something just because you like it, no matter what other says.

• Attraction is subjective and opinonated. I've repeated this so many times on here; Many girls may find one direction to be attractive, but I don't. People have preferences and different views on what's attractive or what's not attractive.