Is 55kg and 5'3 overweight?

So I asked a question a few days ago asking if I looked overweight and a picture of me was included. One girl responded saying Yes you are extremely overweight. You should be about 110 pounds. I can tell because of these size and lack of definition in your calves. For one, I have extremely defined calves and they are almost entirely muscle with a 1/4 inch of fat near the hamstring. I'm 15 and recovering from anorexia. I'm still growing. So I argued back. And she made me feel like sh*t about my body and I starved myself for a day until I realized it wouldn't get me anywhere. So who was right, me or her?

• She is 100 percent right and you should lose weight.
  • She's wrong. Stay the same or gain more.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm 5'3 and in just 52kg. According to BMI I would be overweight if I'm over 64kg. I'd be underweight if I'm under 47kg. So practically I'm in the normal weight just like you. But BMI doesn't really tell a lot. If you wanna know you're really overweight you have to know your body fat %. Usually I'm a 17 with 54% muscle mass. For girls its reasonable if your body fat is over 20%. If possible, can you post a pic of you again? I believe you are definitely not overweight. We have the same height, so same BMI.

• 22% body fat and i can't atm unfortunately

• Girl, you're perfectly fine. You're overweight if your body fat is over 30%

What Guys Said 6

• 5'3 and 55kg gives a BMI range of 21.5 well within the reccomended normal range. Some girls think you have to be 18 which is BS.

• BMI doesn't work always... my BMI its like 29/30 and im not obese

• measurements are 32-27-35, body fat percentage is 22.

• That sounds good to me

• definetely not,... u r NORMAL weight.. this gal u mention's just silly and she thinks if a gal's over BMI 20 she's fat

• Why do you ask questions like this if you can't take negative critique? If you starve yourself for a complete stranger on the Internet you shouldn't be here in the first place...

• depends on your build. I had a ex who was 5'3 and only 50kg and she was terrified to gain any more weight than that. She had C cups, a booty and muscular legs. But her shoulder were only 15 inches across. So i think you are okay at 55kg.

• I have the same type of build

• I think that's normal, average.

• Wtf show us the picture again so we can give an accurate statement... girls always are so judgy about each other's appearance, guys are more sensible about it cause we are the ones who find you attractive after all.

What Girls Said 5

• 0|0
    • so would I have a small or medium build?

• @asker well I would assume you have a small build.

• That's fine, don't worry about it.

• No way!! For your age and height 55kg is on the skinnier side of normal. Your body sounds not only fine, but desirable!
    by the way i suffered from anorexia when i was younger as well- well done on coming this far! You should be extremely proud of yourself, you are so strong and beautiful and dont let anyone make you feel otherwise x

• You're BMI is 21,4 which means your a totally normal and healthy weight - truth about the internet is, there are always gonna be haters (mostly hiding behind anon) who wanna make you feel low, the key is just not listen to them ;)

• You dont have to go on diet just do sport :D you need to be more healthy, not skinny

• I'm a cheerleader, a softball player, and a contemporary dancer. I'm good.