Low body confidence?

(Sorry that i dont have a picture- just dont feel comfortable posting one)
I'm 18 and lately been feeling really insecure about my body. I'm 5'4 and i weigh 121 lb. I excericise quite a bit so i have quite lean legs and my stomach is almost flat, but i feel really insecure about the small amount of fat there. I just have pretty average sized boobs and butt. I really hate my hips because compare to my waist they're really big. I hve a really tiny waist and then wider hips (it makes jeans hard to buy lol!) Because i got hips when i was younger i got really bad stretchmarks there. I have faded white ones you can barely see on the outside of my thighs but still havequite bad red ones on my hips that won't fade (i have tried literally EVERYTHING.) I also have minor kyphosis (its like a hump on your upper-middle spine) Its not noticeable at all unless i bed down (like to touch my toes) and then there's a slight bump. I'm extremely self concious but all my friends say they dont even notice until i point it out. I hope this doesn't sound cocky but i'm happy with my face/hair etc. I'm get a lot of compliments and am i told ii take after my mum, who is absolutely stunning. But overall my self esteem is brought down by my lack of body confidence. Everyone else just seems so stick thin and flawless, and although i guess i am 'thin', i always feel reall ugly. :(
I guess my question is- should i be concerend about me body? Does this sound really unnatractive to you?
Thanks so much to anyone who answers xx :)

28

Most Helpful Guy

• Can't comment on your appearance, but I will say not to give much credence to the media with what you perceive as "flawless and stick thin."

The media promotes super skinny girls because it's unattainable, and making you feel bad makes you buy things to try to make yourself feel better. If you step back and pay attention to people around you, you'll see that real people aren't like what the media shows, and that real people are where we look to find beauty (and companionship).

You're your own worst critic and you see minor things as major flaws. When guys fall in love with a girl, those little things like stretch marks become unimportant.

Also, since you're happy with your face, you should know that almost 75% of men say the face is the most important physical feature they look for in a girl.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 7

• It's a LOT easier to just post a picture...
    Stick think and "flawless" isn't attractive to me, honestly.

• Not at all. You sound like a very attractive girl who is insecure about her body but only because of all the ads and stuff you see all the time the is precieved as "pretty, or beautiful". Don't worry about your kyphosis either. some guys might think its hot.

• I sounds okay - Everyone seems to say that you look well

• You just sound like an average teenage girl, that worries about stuff that isn't even there. Believe it or not guys don't notice stuff like that, as long as you're healthy and take care of your body we could care less about some "stretch marks" and "tiny bumps". Those are literally not even worth worrying about! :)

• If you are healthy and feel like life is good then you are prefect!

• can't address without a pic. you can cover your face.

• Big hips are attractive, as are stretch marks. You are being overly critical of yourself. You Embrace your flaws and be proud of your body! By the way, you sound very attractive.

What Girls Said 2

• You are not unattractive. You are actually within the normal range for body weight for your height. Also your hips are childbearing hips, they are pretty cool to me. Its what they are called, also it's good that you got curves. I would die to get those hips, and curves to be honest.

• You sound a bit overweight, try losing like twenty pounds.